January 6th, 2012

Sneak peek at this Sunday's show

By Cassie Spodak, CNN

This week saw media clamor over Tuesday’s Iowa caucuses, with Rick Santorum, who had garnered little press coverage, narrowly loosing to Mitt Romney. ABC’s Jon Karl, POLITICO’s Roger Simon and Chicago Sun-Times reporter Lynn Sweet will discuss the coverage as well as the media’s failure to scrutinize Santorum’s record leading up to the caucuses. The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank and The National Review’s Robert Costa will talk about the sticky question of candidates’ personal lives – from John Edwards $400 haircut to the death of Rick Santorum’s 2 hour old son.
The Huffington Post’s Lauren Ashburn will be on the show to discuss the week in media coverage as well as Keith Olbermann’s latest employment troubles at Current TV. WMUR’s James Pindell will also be on the show to discuss local news coverage of a national event as we near the New Hampshire Republican primaries.

This Sunday at 11a.m. EST on CNN.

Posted by
Filed under: Reliable Sources
  1. Auth

Think of all the waste of our moneys how many ppoele and man-hours will it take to sort through all these complaints? There must be some procedure to check up on and file them? The IRS status is not some democratically elected one. Either they qualify or they don't. More complaints does not change that qualification. Maybe Faux is upset because this can work on its advertisers. If they see enough ppoele boycotting their products, they may want to pull ads from a show or channel. This is true if it's Family Guy , South Park , The Daily Show , Oxygen, CNN or Fox and this is our commercial system at work.

March 4, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Reply
  2. Chris

I just had to comment on your conversation about MSNBC having 5 "biased" liberals commenting on the GOP race. OMG, let's talk about biase....Fox news is the worst. Worst. At least MSNBC hosts will comment on things they do not like going on with this administration and things happening in the world. "Liberal or not." Especially on their individual shows, (i.e. Hardball, Maddox, & The Ed show). Fox, never, ever, say anything except their views and distortions of "truth".....except maybe, sometimes Bill Reilly. I watch Bill as he has some balance. Hannity none and is the absolute worst.

January 8, 2012 at 11:54 am | Reply
  3. David Edenden

Endorsement by a person’s fellow politicians who have worked with them closely and who can vouch for their integrity is very important to me especially the candidate is an unknown quantity.

I also look to political columnists that I have trusted over the years for guidance.

I am never influenced by newspaper editorials by anonymous media executives. I have no idea if their positions are dictated by what is right for the country or what is right for their company or themselves.

We need a law to stop these smarmy, elitist, arrogant, presumptuous, pathetic, Smarty-Pants-Know-It-Alls meeting in smoke filled back rooms to tell us what we should do.

The punishment … waterboarding … remember waterboarding IS NOT TORTURE.

January 8, 2012 at 11:49 am | Reply
    • Aline

Shame on you. If you've ever, ever, wanted to make money doing siotehmng artistic, you should know that The Simpsons' actors are amongst the most UNDERPAID actors in the history of Hollywood. They have brought to life the single most profitable show in the history of television. The Friends actors made over $1M each on a show that didn't have anywhere near the sort of profits The Simpsons makes. The Studio exec [sic] below should know: When a show fails and the studio loses millions, it's because they're gambling. As an actor myself (and a working one, thank you very much), I'd be happy to get paid less up front on a pilot in exchange for a piece of the potential future profits. I'm HAPPY to take the hit with the studio if a show should fail. Honestly, people, being compensated fairly is not unreasonable. I will again point out Friends, Cheers, and even many sports athletes. If the powers that be couldn't make money on them, they never would've paid them that much to begin with.One final note: They got paid beans for years before they made big money well after the show was immensely profitable.

March 5, 2012 at 2:49 am | Reply
      • Carlo

Geiasas !!!! ti site einai fovero , mrkgpatiaa m'aresei pl, kai me avtous tous diagwnizmous mas dinete pradmatika avto p theloume emeis h neolaia, Evxome to site na ginete olo kai kalytero opws ginete ws twra Sxetika me to Athens Tuning Show, den exw ksana paei alla tha hthela para polh na paw na dw, ekei tha einai kai oi filoi m, alal dystixos den eixa exw thn dunatothta na parw ta eisitiria gi'avto kai elpizw na kerdisw, kai evxome eilikrina na kerdisoume oloi mas , an exontas avto site eimaste idi nikites. etsi mpravo gia to site kai kalh synexeia BB se olous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 5, 2012 at 9:06 am |
      • Jessica

yeah, Media Matters is a virtual corcunopia of truth and unbiased information. You see moron, what happens is that when a left wing fallacy is exposed Media Matters dredges up more liberal pap to try and counter it. If you actually investigated their sources yourself you would know that. But no, you are a good liberal and just assume Left good, Right bad . You see, there\'s a reason conservatives are called Right wing.Palomar Jackpalomarjack(dot)wordpress(dot)com

April 7, 2012 at 12:01 am |
  4. PjC

MSNBC taken to task about political bias??. Does Laura Ashburn ever watch FOX??

January 8, 2012 at 11:47 am | Reply
    • Toshihiko

I used to but I know what they do don't need to go there anymore. I rlealy wish dems would boycott them. By going there we are like a teenager who experiments with dangerous drugs cause we can't be addicted. No addict every said they were going to get caught in an addiction. They seriously use hypotics methods to pull people in keep them. I have a DVR so before the election I just used a word..the DVR will pick up on the word record all shows with that word in the title I picked OBAMA so one I decided to watch whatever had been recorded. I had no idea at first where the show came from but a bio of Obama was on there for me to watch. It was great. It even explained the community service work he did in a way that helped me admire him even more. This hour show was great but the last 10 minutes something shifting. It made me feel so bad about him that I actually woke up feeling terrorized. Like I was mentally ill. I have been through some stuff done a lot of healing work on myself so I don't go through this kind of stuff anymore but I did years ago it was so horrible I was so afraid of him. Well, I found out the show was presented by Fox. I went from being angry at people who fall for the crazy stuff on there to totally understanding these people. We rlealy need to be careful what we let into our mind. So no I don't watch Fox No I don't find them funny anyway. They talk about the left wing in a way you would never hear CNN talk. They are hyper immature I rlealy work to be peaceful kindof mature. It is not work when you can turn on CNN see even Republicans like David Gergan who are healthy people. We must put our focus on what we want in life not what we don't want. I don't anything Fox has. If I want to laugh I will watch a liberal comedian there are many good ones.EDIT: besides I can get a chuckle anywhere. Look at Dan's answer. He seriously thinks Chuck Norris would make a good President.

March 2, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Reply
  5. John Barreiro

Keep the show on the road if that prevents you from displaying those annoying moving background graphics that are used when the show in studio. Oops, I just noticed a screen over Roger Simon's shoulder with a slightly less offensive than normal moving graphic.
    In response to viewer complaints, Fareed Zakaria wisely got rid of upstaging moving graphics after his first broadcast.

January 8, 2012 at 11:24 am | Reply
    • Jasmine

I have no problem with Colmes. He is paid well to be Hannity's tosoge and who can blame him for it.On the other hand, for you wingnuts who think the show is "fair and balanced", take a look at the banner they recently displayed on the show Face it. Fox news is the Republican news channel.

March 5, 2012 at 12:34 am | Reply
      • Ramesh

Teaching men and women what you KNOW is a good idea, but spreading rmrous and half truths is not superior for any one. I hope you do a tiny extra analysis just before you post your next write-up or weblog post. It is a single factor to be naive but this is downright silly.

April 4, 2012 at 3:43 pm |