January 13th, 2012

Sneak Peek at Sunday's Show

By Pallavi Reddy, CNN

As presidential hopeful Mitt Romney looks to make it three-for-three in South Carolina next Saturday, all the GOP contenders seem to be poking at his every flaw—including his time at Bain and taking his “I like to fire people” quote out of context. We’ll have the Washington Post’s Nia-Malika Henderson, Business Insider’s Glynnis MacNicol, and Politico’s Maggie Haberman to talk about the latest political coverage just one week away from the South Carolina primary and Stephen Colbert potentially throwing his name in. We’ll also have GBTV’s Amy Holmes and Current TV’s David Shuster on to talk about the latest book on the Obama family. Also, a new year brought a new show to CBS. “This Morning” premiered on Monday with a new cast. Tampa Bay Times’ Eric Deggans and Newsday’s Verne Gay will give us their take on it.

This Sunday at 11a.m. EST on CNN.

Posted by
Filed under: Blog • Sneak Peek
  1. Miss Sioux

It was really despicable that Howard allowed Amy Holmes to characterize the White House’s Alice In Wonderland Halloween Party as “secret” without any follow-up. See the clip from the Colbert Report. Once again, the “fake” news gets it right and the “real” news allows the smears to go unchallenged. Howard, I’m beginning to think your show should be called “Unreliable Sources.”

January 15, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Reply
  2. Rob Smith

I agree completely with Jan. You guys totally missed the point regarding Romney and Crate Gate ... and your "who cares" attitude was EXTREMELY disturbing. I can't believe that no one on the "panel" got the point. NO WONDER the American people have such a problem with the media. WOW!! You are SOOOO out of touch!!! I used to be an avid viewer of this program, but considering your lackadaisical approach to animal cruelty ... I WON'T me any more.

January 15, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Reply
  3. Kristen

I was really disappointed to hear Howard say today that when the CBS morning show moves to the fluff section of its program after 8 a.m. it is obviously targeting women – implying that women are the only ones who enjoy mindless, non-news programming. Thanks for being particularly and carelessly insulting to half the population.

January 15, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Reply
  4. Jan

The story of the dog was very misleading. They brought up the fact that after so many hours on the top of the car there was brown liquid pouring down the window (in other words, the dog was sick). They stopped the car, Mitt Romney took a hose and sprayed the dog and they continue on their trip. It really seems like the dog really enjoyed this trip as Mitt Romney states over and over. Rachel Maddow was commenting on the lack of compassion for the dog.

Also, the comments by Chris Matthews was taken out of context in the interview with John Sununu. He was questioning the fact that Mitt Romney has stated that he was afraid of getting a pink slip – not how privileged he was.

January 15, 2012 at 11:58 am | Reply
  5. John

I was watching your show this morning 1/15/2012, and in the segment where you were talking about MSNBC there was a bit of a misrepresentation, which is ironic since the topic focus was "context". MSNBC also had Steve Schmidt (I believe is his name) who was John McCain's campaign manager on the main set with them most of the night. Therefore, it was just not a set of liberal pundits as you portrayed. I also thought Michael Steele joined them when they cut to Chris Matthews the past RNC chairman. So yes they are a liberal leaning station as Fox is conservative leaning with occasionally inviting Combs, and Juan on to give their view. CNN is the middle of the road as they have both sides well represented. I watch all three networks to hear all sides to be an educated citizens. So my point is Mr Kurtz please remember to not put things only in your context as this is why I watch you every Sunday morning to see an honestly open analysis of how the media has portrayed stories.

January 15, 2012 at 11:21 am | Reply
    • Nina

Dr Hall, I'd like you to consider this glanoay:There was this patient of Dr X. She had complained and complained about certain symptoms that had caused he much pain over the years. Specialists were called in by Dr X, meetings were held, tests were done, and a plan to remedy this woman's suffering was put into place specific to here particular situation. With all this information in hand, Dr X proceeded with his treatment and the woman was finally relieved of her pain.Well, hearing this news, Dr Y who had a patient with a similar problem, decided that he would treat his patient the same way. Why bother with the unnecessary tests and consultations like Dr. X he thought. It was obvious that his patient suffered from the same ailment and required the same treatment. He proceeded and his patient died.If he had only just consulted with Dr X, before he proceeded. If he had, he would have learned that Dr. X's patient had mixed results. The pain she was having was lessened, but she would require ongoing treatments and close supervision. for the rest of her life.Dr. X, finally retired and left his patient in the hands of Dr Z with the recomendation to continue with his treatment under close supervision. Well Dr Z decided to put the woman on additional drugs because he felt they would help her. They didn't and the woman continues a downward spiral.Dr Hall, I have 2 questions for you:1. Is Dr X (Mitt Romney) in anyway responsible for Dr. Y's (Barack Obama) patient dying?2. Is Dr. X responsible for his former patients new health issues under Dr. Z (Governor Deval Patrick)?Dear Bosman,It sounds like you're trying to defend against the idea that Romney is responsible for Obama's disasterous health scheme or that he's responsible for what Governor Patrick did to health care after Romney left. But no one is asserting that, at least no one that I'm aware of, so I'm confused about the point you're trying to make.

March 4, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Reply
  6. Donna Archer

If ne has insurance, and it is employer paid, pretty difficult to fire them. My employer is always looking at the bottom line, and not always at the best insurance. Even difficult to change internet services (addresses and contracts). And! When I would like to fire the utility or cell phone service, not impossible, just a hassle. I can fire my lawn service, and I can go to a different grocery store. Even they have become difficult to fire. I'd like to fire the PACs from my TV.

January 15, 2012 at 11:12 am | Reply