June 22nd, 2012

Sneak peek at this Sunday's show

By Cassie Spodak, CNN

Although the first Congressional hearing on the Justice Department’s “Operation Fast and Furious “ happened last June, the story got new legs this week. Attorney General Eric Holder faced the wrath of Congress for refusing to turn over some internal communications related to the investigation and the drama held media outlets rapt. Fox commentators claimed other outlets had ignored the story, while MSNBC defended Holder – did journalists blow the story?

Mitt Romney completed his five day bus tour this week and pundits claim he’s finally gotten the hang of this campaigning thing. Is there truth to this or are reporters just looking for a new twist to campaign coverage?

The New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza, The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank and Glenn Beck TV anchor Amy Holmes discuss the week in political coverage. Lizza will also discuss how Twitter and other social media platforms have led journalists to drop context in favor of sound bites that get buzz. Lizza argues this has led politicians and campaign officials to be much more guarded, creating a “crisis in political journalism.”

The Huffington Post’s Maureen Ryan, XfinityTV’s Adam Buckman and The Baltimore Sun’s David Zurawik will discuss HBO’s new TV News drama The Newsroom, ABC’s 20/20 interview with John Edwards’ mistress Rielle Hunter and rumors of NBC pushing out Ann Curry as host of the Today show.

This Sunday at 11 a.m. ET.

Posted by
Filed under: Blog • Reliable Sources • Sneak Peek
  1. Reda

A beautiful comnig of age documentary, Dianne. You must have been racing home each day to capture the next chapter. And there is no end. You may have a sequel next spring!

August 3, 2012 at 4:02 am | Reply
  2. http://prooobox.org/

Wow, marvelous weblog structure! How lengthy have you been blogging for? you made running a blog look easy. The overall glance of your web site is wonderful, let alone the content!

July 13, 2012 at 3:43 am | Reply
  3. Images of the most beautifull jailbaits and youngest teens on the world wide web.

Thank you for any other magnificent post. The place else could anyone get that type of info in such a perfect approach of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such info.

July 3, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Reply
    • Janethe

Nakaka relate ako sa post mong ito.. Until now, di ko pa rin maaatggnp bakit ang tatay ko napaka hina. Bakit nagpatalo siya sa pagsubok na kinaharap niya nuon. Gaya ng tatay mo, naloko rin ang tatay ko ng ka-trabaho niya at ayun, nagloko na rin ang isip niya.Di ko alam kung galit ako sa kanya. Basta..Okay na siya ngayon, wala ng sumpong, nasa bahay, as always.Hmmm.. it's okay yoshke, I sense that you will be a good father to our children naman (bumabanat) heheheGod bless yoshke!

September 12, 2012 at 12:40 am | Reply
  4. TedBush Donor of the GOP and founder of tea

Mexicans and black people has ruined the old states . I remember being a kid and getting together and cookouts . Now its just boom boxes and retarded kids . They have no clue . They ask US why our nation is going under well look at people ages 10 and under and people 18 to 24 and thats the reason . Not our john wayne ....Todays people have so much estrogen and fecial matter built up in them they are losing their minds .

June 24, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Reply
    • Phil Thomas

Well if not for slavery you wouldn't have black people here spark plug, I'm sure many would agree with you and prefer to not to have their bloodlines and cultural identity stolen. Mexicans want a better life for their kids the same way some one in your family did at some point hence why you are here in the USA. You have the right to be racist but don't blame your obviously pathetic life on any one but yourself and your under achievement

June 25, 2012 at 12:44 am | Reply
    • Lars J

Another reason the country is doing poorly is the poor education system that produces people like you, dear TedBush, who cannot spell or compose a grammatically correct sentence.

Mexicans and black people has [have] ruined the old states . [what's with the extra space between the last letter of your sentences and the period?] I remember being a kid and getting together and cookouts . [incomplete sentence] Now its [it's] just boom boxes and retarded kids . They have no clue . They ask [the] US why our nation is going under [,] well look at people ages [aged]10 and under and people 18 to 24 and thats [that's] the reason . Not our john wayne [John Wayne] ....Todays [Today's] people have so much estrogen and fecial matter built up in them they are losing their minds . [And, it appears, their ability to write English].

June 25, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Reply
    • SCOTO

Well I guess my response is ........whaaaa?

June 26, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Reply
      • Kunal

Oh how I love the beach too, Nina! I love the sounds of the ocean as the waves roll in and break along the shore line. It is wodenrful to hear that you and your family hada great time there. You will have to share your pictures with me soon!

August 3, 2012 at 12:33 am |
    • William

The confederacy state of mind has ruined the lives of many non-white American/poor white citizens and offered numskulls like yourself a platform to speak of senseless bigotry. If you can get past the days of your ignorant upbringing, you may want to attempt to act like an adult and conduct some research about the formulas involving the real problems of social science within this country.

June 26, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Reply
      • Jacqueline

kochiz: Pucha es que yo no leo a los gurfaes del disef1o de informacif3n! Habia visto ese rsdeief1o que Greg Storey habia hecho al sistema de informacif3n de amenazas de la Casa Blanca. Su blog es uno de mis favoritos (de su LONGBOARD saque la idea para la columna Bookmarks de este blog).Juan Pablo Tapia: Amigo JP, al parecer no. Ya que cuando en el ticker (que ya no es un ticker) inferior la noticia es de deportes sale en verde, cuando es de economia sale en morado, etc.gatamelatta: Yo amaba esa frase de Mies van der Rohe, hasta que escuche9 la versif3n de 37signals: Less is less . Porque decir menos es me1s, es decir que me1s es bueno. Menos es mejor, asi que Menos es menos .

October 9, 2012 at 6:03 pm |
  5. vicky

The Politicians are charging Eric Holder with contempt to stop him from charging them with murders, fraud, corruption, obstruction of justice, torture, slavery and child endangerment. They do not care about the two people that were murdered.

June 24, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Reply
  6. nurrevir

ann curry's charm is natural, her journalistic creds demonstrated...lauer has neither...meredith viera's more vulnerable persona was a better cover for him...so...

June 24, 2012 at 11:51 am | Reply
    • Gladis

Posted on Awww, too bad it didn't turn out well because of all the efofrt. On the plus side, it does kind of look like a teddy-bear voodoo doll that another stuffed animal might have made.eric’s last blog post..

August 3, 2012 at 2:43 am | Reply
    • Brada

Sorry but I thought the dviece of having the leads named Henry and Annie were confusing and may have given the wrong impression to people who are not familiar with John Denver. Henry acted pretty foolishly looking in his pants and hopping into the cold river what was that about? Annie's Song was trivialized by having her sing the line Come fill me again . Calypso was totalling misused as far as I'm concerned. Did the writer know what Calypso was and who it belonged to? Sorry but John Denver stood for humanitarianism, conservation, peace and an end to world hunger. Topics which are more relevant today than 30 years ago when the songs were written. I think most John Denver fans would have preferred a story that promoted his most passionate causes and not one in which he appears to be a Jethro . Being a country boy does not make one an idiot.I did appreciate hearing some of the less heard songs, but there were not enough of them and again, not used to the full extent of their meaning.I really hope this play does not go futher than Five Towns College. I expected much more from this Tony winner.

August 3, 2012 at 3:51 am | Reply
  7. jacksonjay

Will Howie mention Andrea Mitchell's mockery? Probably not! Will Howie mention Ed Rendell's admission that the media gave Obama a pass in 2008? Don't count on it!

Two weeks ago Howie ignored the story about Les Moonves! Of course, everyone knows that Moonves attended an Obama fundraiser, praised his leadership and admitted that the MSM is partisan! Not a media story in Howie's World!

Generally speaking, I like Howie and his show! But he often ignores stories that support arguments about media bias and includes silly stories about minor (local) media goofs!

June 24, 2012 at 11:45 am | Reply
    • Phil Thomas

Really ? The RNC has a 24 hour channel called fox. I actually believed they might have been balanced but when did ted ever go after Bush like this ? The media has been hard on Obama point blank I'm not sure if it's racism or the news cycle and the amount of bloggers, tweets, etc. but Obama is not getting a pass. The fact that a congressman in office for decades can go and pass blame is sad. The holder coverage is biased how about we look at the glass house Issa is sitting in read about this clown, all you have to do is Google him, the one sided way they are going about this. Look I am trying to stay independent but I watch uncut and unedited news coverage and I have no respect for the GOP right now and I wish more people would stop looking into what pundits say but look more into the bills, stonewalling, vidiots just repeat what biased people spew on these networks

June 24, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Reply
  8. Phil Thomas

You just lost a viewer it's crazy to not cover how crazy foxs coverage has been this week, I watch all three networks and they are spinning crazy, wacky theories with no proof. No other networks are following this horse dung they are spinning, yet you have a media show and skip this or how no networks are calling Issa to task for not calling bush people in. If Amy Holmes is right and bush does not have his hands on this why not find out I'm independent, I've voted for a lot of republicans but this is a witch hunt and it is one sided.. They want and outcome and they are hunting for it

June 24, 2012 at 11:31 am | Reply
  9. mike

This is one of the few 'news' programs that i try to arrange my schedule to watch for all the reasons that used to be taught in my J-school classes. Its difficult to find any broadcast show that allows its guests time to truly answer the question without serving to push or place a position in their response.
    I especially like interviews (as this mornings) where reporters like Dana Milbank stutter their way through a response about the news media reporting Fast and Furious. Thanks CNN.

June 24, 2012 at 11:17 am | Reply
  10. Joe Jank

I do hope that you address the Andrea Mitchell mocking of Mitt Romney with a edited segment. I thought she was part of MSNBC's news operation but I am beginning to believe her program is now part of MSNBC's opinion operation.

Her actions and non-apology just add to the belief of many that the media is biased against conservatives.

June 23, 2012 at 10:55 am | Reply
  11. brian

What a disaster for the American public to have this monster in control!

June 22, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Reply
    • Phil Thomas

@Brian, let's see your mad at guy who's been in office for 3 years and not mad at people in office for 20 to 30 years. Democrat or republican what have they done in congress. Look it will take a lot longer than four years to dig us out use common sense. If the republican congress would of had the stones to say no to Chreney or bush once instead of rubber stamping everything. we would not be in this mess, the same for the dems when they had control. The surge, tax cuts, bail outs plenty of stuff before Obama ever got in all approved by these clowns passing the buck. They sunk the ship,
      bottom line and all the next guy can do is try to fill the millions of pot holes they created. I'm independent I refuse to side with any party over common sense but the way they disrespect the office of the President, the birther BS, it makes it hard to support any republican. Maybe they get my vote when they they get back to work and stop passing the buck

June 24, 2012 at 11:42 am | Reply
    • Ana

dickn2000a Posted on I haven't a clue but it sounds like you suolhd watch the movie Mocow On The Hudson starring Robin Williams. It tells the tale of what immigration into America is really like.If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. By the way, I like your idea for the blog. Will you email me when you get it up and running?

September 9, 2012 at 7:10 am | Reply