Sunday, September 13

Christine Brennan & Gary Belsky on if the NFL is getting a free pass from journalist, Rep. Barbara Lee on the anti-war voices in the media, Tim Arango discusses how to find the truth about ISIS.

June 24th, 2012

Ann Curry, Off the Couch?

Maureen Ryan, Adam Buckman, David Zurawik and Howard Kurtz discuss Ann Curry on the Today show and Rielle Hunter's interview on ABC's 20/20.

Filed under: ABC • Ann Curry • Media • NBC • Reliable Sources
  1. alex

Someone said that you had to buy a domain, or your blogs weren't seen by everybody, is that true? Do you know what a domain is? IF not do not answer please..

April 26, 2014 at 7:35 am | Reply
  2. Gretchen

When you understand the prvgressioe ideal that humans are stupid self serving animals, just like cattle, that need to be herded by the few elite intelligent intellectuals, for their own good; You will also come to understand that their herding techniques, because of their low opinion of humanity, are aimed at the most base levels of existence: They appeal to emotions, as many as they can get their fingers on, fear, hatred, love, compassion, each one has a leftist strategy tied to harnessing it into more leftist control. They pass out free food and shelter that someone else pays for, promising secure easy living in return for ever more authority over your life. And yes sex is that last part of that equation.They provide all the physiological needs of Maslow's pyramid, and declare when given food, water, shelter, and sex all of the human needs are met.Forget about self actualization, to the leftist, the human animal, once it achieves the first rung, doesn't even need second rung security of body, health, morality, property, etc.Given the dynamic of human sexuality, and the fact that leftists only concern with the animal humans of society is providing the physiological needs of the herd, it should not be in the least bit surprising that they look upon females of the herd as little more than broodmares to satisfy the sexual needs of the males in the herd. Just as they look upon medicine as a way to keep the mostly healthy working, and a way conveniently dispose of the aged beyond use to the herd. Read The Republic: Plato pulls no punches in describing the powers of the philosopher kings, including a coordinated human breeding program, children separated from birth parents at birth, those from inferior parents quietly disposed of and those from suitable parents given to the community as a whole to raise so that no bond of family exists.

September 9, 2012 at 3:23 am | Reply
  3. Lazy Ike

When area you guys going to discuss the pervasive influence of the Israeli Lobby in the Media?

July 8, 2012 at 11:38 am | Reply
  4. how to get rid of eczema

Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing for your feed and I hope you write again soon!

July 3, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Reply
  5. Homemade Hot Chocolate

Terrific work! This is the type of info that should be shared across the internet. Shame on Google for now not positioning this submit upper! Come on over and seek advice from my web site . Thanks =)

July 3, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Reply
  6. Mr.Data

Ann Curry displayed her political bias more so than most .. but at least her viewers knew she truly is a bleeding heart liberal, and not a fake jounalist as so many on NBC expect us to believe they are. Led by Brian Williams, David Gregory, et all, they talk a good game; but their true colors (blue) show by all the importnat things they don't cover.

Having said this ... I am appalled at what the execs at NBC think they accomplished by asassinating Curry in this unprofessional manner. either Curry deserved termination or she deserved their continued respect.

Neither was demonstrated.

July 3, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Reply
  7. Claire

I cried with Ann. She's been with Today for 15 freakin years! I don't get it. It's not a smart move. She is genuine, sweet, intelligent, honest and does not have an ego problem. She's a real trooper being sent to "God forsaken South Freaking Pole." I bet Matt would have refused going there. Hang in there Ann cause your the best!

July 1, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Reply
  8. Connie Littlejohn

I have watched the today show for 25 years and seen alot of changes.But the way they did this was out of sorts even for the biggest jerks league.How do you treat someone who has worked hard and long like a bag of trash ,shame,shame on you all.If Mr.Ego needs a young thing to boost his ego,tell him to get him a toupee and a prostitute (I have heard he has had them) Anyway for me it is goodbye Today show and GOOD MORNING AMERICA>Peace, Conniwe

June 30, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Reply
  9. Retha

NBC is boosting ABC and Good Morning America to the #1 spot for morning news, and that's where I'll be effective Monday morning. The "thud" that you hear is the Today Show's ratings hitting bottom. Goodbye Today, Good Morning America.

June 30, 2012 at 1:46 am | Reply
  10. Ed

Why should anyone be surprised in the handling of this...this is the same network that let go the genius that is Conan and replaced him with the guy he ultimately replaced in Jay Leno...

way to keep it classy NBC...

June 29, 2012 at 12:57 am | Reply
  11. jj

If NBC is stupid enough to let Ann go, and they are stupid enough, let's hope that another network snaps her up fast. I look forward to seeing her on another network. Can't stand Matt, never have liked him.

June 26, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Reply
    • Jude

I'm with ;you on this point. She was always the go to for fill in so it must have something to do with Matt's choice. He is just a bunch of nose drizzle to me.

June 30, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Reply
  12. retail store interior design

Thank you, I have just been looking for info approximately this subject for a while and yours is the best I have discovered so far. However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you positive concerning the source?|What i do not understood is in reality how you're now not actually much more well-liked than you may be right now. You are so intelligent.

June 26, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Reply
    • Ariel

a lot.The Left claims to cimaphon liberty, but they're always trying to take away the liberties of law-abiding citizens while working to expand and empower the liberties of dangerous criminals, pedophiles, druggies and other serious threats to society.The Left claims to cimaphon Jews, but they constantly side with radical Islam and the anti-Israeli factions in the UN, to throw Israel under the bus. It's outrageous.The Left claims to cimaphon Democracy, but everywhere they work as hard as they can to undermine or destroy Democracy. They tried in Honduras, the succeeded in Vietnam and NoKo. They are presently trying to help Putin reunite the former USSR. Obama is right this minute siding with radical Islam against the moderate government of Hosni Mubarak in Egypt. Obama refused to support the actual pro-Democracy demonstrators in Iran. And his Democrats have worked tirelessly to undermine and destroy the American electoral process so that instead of being a beacon of self-governance as America has been for 200 years, American elections are now routinely thrown into the circus atmosphere of the courts and fraud is rampant all over the country.And they claim to cimaphon a free press, but only for Left-biased media. They constantly try to silence talk radio, FOX News and non-Liberal outlets. The Left doesn't believe in ANY of the things it claims to believe in. It's 100% lies, all the way down.

September 9, 2012 at 7:01 am | Reply
    • Vikas

Please tell us more about the loss of Iris Chang Did not know of it until you told meDid not read her book but saw her on Book Notes w/ Brian Lamb. Knew she was speaking the truth beucsae while my age was still measured in single digits & I was in Sunday School spoke to missionaries who escaped from there & they told similar stories. Thru the years people told me the missionaries were lying but was damn sure they were not.She affected me deeply when I saw her on Book Notes Beautiful, delicate, bright eyed young woman doing the job flinty eyed old men should have done long ago. Hit me smack between my instincts as a male & my instincts as a father. Wondered how she could recover from her labors. Wanted to let her shelter in back of me.

September 12, 2012 at 12:40 am | Reply
  13. Ida

Ann provides quality to the Today Show. No Ann?? Hello CBS this Morning. . . at least we can get some news there!!

June 26, 2012 at 8:50 am | Reply
  14. John G

Ann is geniune and Matt comes off as fake. Who is next, Al Roker? I won't watch anymore either.

June 25, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Reply
  15. zelfre

I'm glad to hear Ann Curry's position is changing – she doesn't seem to have the right 'flow' for that role. Her gesturing can be quite distracting.

June 25, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Reply
    • Squeeker

I agree completely, and now I feel vindicated! I never felt comfortable with Ann as the choice after Vierra left. I hate her interviews and in general there's just something about her that irks me. She's REALLY nice – well maybe that's it, I don't know, but she's just not up to par for a spot like she was GIVEN. I think the higher-ups at NBC must have felt like she "deserved" the spot because she'd been there for so long playing 2nd fiddle, but in reality she was never the best choice and now that decision has come back to bite them. I agree with some others also that Matt has grown stale (I used to really like him) and I'm surprised he's milked the show as long as he has, but hey maybe it IS all about the money?

June 30, 2012 at 6:46 am | Reply
      • Maripat

In addition to Ann not being the right fit for the top spot – or a share of the top spot – on Today, her unprofessional display on her last show was remarkably inappropriate. Let's review: She's one year into a three-year contract that pays her $10 million a year. The network is honoring the contract and giving her another position. Do 'regular' people have the opportunity to blubber to clients after they've been fired? And would that be appropriate? Ann crying on set for nearly 10 minutes was pure ego, nothing more. She felt wronged and wanted public vindication, along with her continued $10 million annual salary. At a time when average Americans are struggling to make ends meet with their own unemployment issues, should there really be sympathy for a ego-wounded millionaire? Nice person or not, NBC has a business to run. Am I the only one who considers her behavior embarrassing?

July 2, 2012 at 8:21 am |
  16. Rob

If they get rid of Ann Curry it is the nail in the coffin of the today show. Lets face it Cathy Lee and Hoda are a joke. The rating are probaably suffering due to them , their useless segments like "Todays professionals" stupid concerts and other garbage. Matt is a personality but not a journalist. The only reason I even watch it is her. If the loose her I will watch Good Morning America

June 25, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Reply
    • Noelle

I agree. Ann adds genuine warmth, intelligence, and much needed feminine grace to the show. She's the best. If she goes, I go.

June 25, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Reply
      • Retha

When the "former" viewers make their mass exodus there will only be need for about 1 hour of the Today Show. Matt can play all by himself then. And when the show is finally cancelled, I hope that Matt gets to turn out the lights behind him as he leaves.

June 30, 2012 at 1:53 am |
  17. Martha

Ann is often fumbling for words; can't ad lib or speak extemporaneously. She is a good journalist but too solicitous in soft interviews.
    Today content has become too pop, shallow and repetitive.

June 25, 2012 at 10:51 am | Reply
    • Squeeker

Exactly! The show has been that way for a long time. I still catch it in the mornings, but only the first 15 minutes. After that it's all fluff and no real substance. What ever happened to REAL news????

June 30, 2012 at 6:51 am | Reply
  18. Pete

Ann Curry does not have a bubbly enough personality to be the main woman on the morning program. That costs viewers.

June 25, 2012 at 1:59 am | Reply
    • flecka

The 'bubbles' mentality of the Today Show is completely out of touch and out of date. A show's content is what ultimately keeps its viewers.

July 2, 2012 at 6:08 am | Reply