July 1st, 2012

Ann Curry's Painful Exit

Gail Shister talks to Howard Kurtz about the abrupt hosting reshuffle at NBC's flagship morning show.

Posted by
Filed under: Ann Curry • NBC
  1. Ellis Zaffino

Good I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, website theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task.

July 17, 2014 at 1:44 pm | Reply
  2. scam busters

Just about every day-to-day e mail of our cost-free merchandise overview chances newsletter goes out throughout the world towards us residents seeking for no cost exposure and material critiques for their products on the web. Those people incorporate product or service promoters, entrepreneurs, general public family members or publicity experts, and presently hopefully oneself, too!

March 14, 2014 at 3:33 pm | Reply
  3. click here

Health and fitness is a significant challenge for the the greater part of the populace at present. With more and further people today coming under the internet of substances remaining employed inside of the day by day meals we use, staying healthy and retaining your immunity level is getting upcoming toward impossible.

March 13, 2014 at 4:41 am | Reply
  4. Vipre or AVG

Cool short essay ! Watch the prime antivirus software applications in town by journeying to YouTube !

March 12, 2014 at 3:34 am | Reply
  5. Maurice Demint

Tammy this a wonderful blog put up! It is so wonderful when persons appreciate all that you do.

January 25, 2014 at 11:03 pm | Reply
  6. ny web design in new york

Even as we introduced our team, not to waste you time, we'll
    proceed through our merchandise and accompanying services.

The primary product of our web site developer company is
    needless to say web site design.

January 7, 2014 at 5:09 am | Reply
  7. http://nz-hymns.come2see.co.nz/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=248028

With any new enterprise it is a main priority to keep costs down,
    which a cheap merchant account would facilitate achieving.
    There are different ways to set up this kind of service.
    The Advanced Merchant Service completely relies on its customer base and does not bind with
    the complex process of bonds.

June 8, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Reply
  8. zoe

Ann Curry is genuine and very professional. Matt Lauer had very much to do with pushing her off the show. I won't watch any more. I do hope to see Ann in a position competing with Today.....she will kick ass!! You know NBC is afraid to let her out of her contract because they now see what a mistake and they fear the compitition.

March 12, 2013 at 12:04 am | Reply
  9. garacom43

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely helpful info particularly the last phase :) I maintain such information a lot. I was looking for this certain info for a very long time. Thanks and good luck.

December 3, 2012 at 10:02 am | Reply
  10. Paid To Drive

I was recommended this website by my cousin. I'm now not certain whether this put up is written by him as nobody else realize such specified approximately my difficulty. You are incredible! Thanks!

November 4, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Reply
  11. Botones de Polyester Ecuador

Thank you for any other great post. Where else may just anybody get that kind of info in such an ideal manner of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I'm on the search for such info.

October 30, 2012 at 5:56 am | Reply
  12. Alexander

Thank you for every other excellent article. The place else could anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect method of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the look for such info.

October 29, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Reply
  13. Windows Tablet Info

Thank you for every other fantastic post. The place else may just anyone get that type of info in such an ideal method of writing? I've a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the look for such information.

September 24, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Reply
  14. Frozen

Ann Curry was fine at her job – hearing some of the criticism's of her interviewing techniques is a joke, especially when I think of the TWO WORST interviewers in american history, Larry King and Barbara Walters! They have been shoved down the throats of Americans for so long as these "great" examples of journalists, that we have come to believe it to be true – when it can't be FURTHER from the truth! But that's the American way I guess

September 11, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Reply
  15. Nirvanas journey

After what NBC did to Sue Simmons, nothing surprises me! I don't watch their news programs anymore either.

August 14, 2012 at 4:05 am | Reply
  16. James Horton

I, wrote to you earliertoday, how very dissapointed i, was that you let Ann Curry go, wonderful woman, as i, said earlier, i think i'll start watching fox. Can't believe you repkace her with Savvanah, I, think you'll loose a large following,
    Hopefully Fox will considertaking her on.

August 13, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Reply
  17. James Horton

I, don't think I know NBC blew it BIG TIME letting Ann Curry go,
    she was a great person. I enjoyed watching her my wife also enjoyed her VERY much, i, think we'lk start watching fox instead, Did Ann wrong. VERY dissapointed, you made a stupid mistake.

August 13, 2012 at 9:41 am | Reply
  18. wedding favors

Attractive portion of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds or even I fulfillment you get admission to persistently rapidly.

August 12, 2012 at 1:27 am | Reply
  19. Self Storage

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly loved browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I am hoping you write again soon!

August 9, 2012 at 2:34 am | Reply
  20. Gary Hogan

NBC showed how low class they have become, first with editing distortion with videos, with the MSMBC network and calling it news and journalism, now the way they treated Ann Curry!! This network is a disgrace!!!

July 8, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Reply
  21. Lori

I'm a huge fan of the Today show and for months I cringed when Ann was in the co-Anchor seat (and whinced at what she was wearing) and was happy and more apt to pay more attention when Savannah co-Anchored. I think Ann did a good job at the news desk and a great job with special interest & international stories. That is her strength and where she should have stayed.

I look forward to the show with Matt & Savannah – way to right the ship NBC!!

July 4, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Reply
  22. Joe

NBC blew it big time! Matt Lauer is a cold fish and egomaniac, a la Bryant Gumbel. That was the problem, not Ann Curry. Instead of renewing his contract, they should have given him the heave ho and promoted Lester Holt to share the hosting duties with Ann. Oh, and by the way, Today can keep Al Roker; give Stephanie Abrahms and keep him away from the Weather Channel.

July 4, 2012 at 10:09 am | Reply
  23. how to get rid of eczema

Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I were a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered vivid transparent idea

July 3, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Reply
  24. Homemade Hot Chocolate

Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my website so i came to ?go back the prefer?.I'm trying to in finding things to enhance my site!I suppose its good enough to use some of your ideas!!

July 3, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Reply
  25. Guest

The only thing that Ann Curry did wrong was to apologize on her last day on The Today Show. I'm horrified by NBC's treatment of her. I'm switching to GMA.

July 3, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Reply
  26. steveinsacto

NBC, ...HELLO? You got rid of the WRONG person! While Ann C. was warm, personable & interesting, Matt Lauer is a cold fish, stale & boring. In fact, GLIB fits perfectly! Me thinks you blew it this time, so these long-time viewers will turn to GMA for a fresh perspective now. Good luck Ann!

July 3, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Reply
    • Gary Hogan

A cold fish with a ego the size of MT Everest

July 8, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Reply
  27. Portia

Ann Currie has grace and class. Every few years, NBC demonstrates their ruthlessness and disrespect for people who have served them well and who have been loyal. I think the network needs to examine their soul. You have lost a long-time viewer to Charlie Rose (someone who has integrity....something NBC sorely lacks)...to CBS News. I wish Ann continued support for all those who see and appreciate her professionalism and depth in favor of the shallow banter on the Today couch. You stand above them all, Ann.

July 3, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Reply
  28. CNN Watcher

I won't be watching the Today show anymore. I thought Ann actually made the show. You made a big mistake letting her go. She truly was a news reporter,soft spoken and very attractive. You guys don't know what is good for the viewer obviously. What a teardown a mixed message you are sending.

July 3, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Reply
  29. Milagros

What a shame NBC! You treated Ann shabbily. I am moving on to a different network!

July 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Reply
  30. Beatrice Gorman

What a rotten thing to do. Well bye bye NBC. I have watched Today since I was a child in the 1950s. We all watched as we were getting ready for school and work. I believe I will switch to Good Morning America after this debacle. Ann is a scapegoat for inept executives. Don't worry, Ann, you will prove them wrong and have the last laugh.

July 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Reply
  31. bernarie

it wasn't ann's fault she was a truly newswoman its a shame that the show is boring i went to new york a couple of weeks ago to see the today show i was not please the show needs some spunk if i was the producer it would be exciting and fun to watch but it wasn't ann curry's fault good luck to you ann where ever you end up

July 3, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Reply
    • dingus

bernarie travelled to NY to watch a TV show live.

bernarie has trouble with written language.

bernarie believes he/she would be a good television producers.

July 3, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Reply
  32. Greg Olson

I will never, never watch the Today Show again as it is a total waste of time. Ann Curry was the only true journelist on the show. Good luck to her. Shamen on the NBC network.

July 3, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Reply
  33. Kris

I stopped watching the Today Show when they aired the Royal Wedding everyday for 2 WEEKS. Seriously. Ugh.

July 3, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Reply
  34. jabber

Don't blame Ann, she is awesome. Blame the poor ratings on whoever keeps booking stupid stories like the dog blog battle that was aired today. Really? Is that news? Are these the best stories you can come up with NBC? Don't blame Ann, blame Matt who is never there or the really dumb stories you are choosing to cover. NBC lost the last person that was watching them each morning, me, when they let Ann go.

July 3, 2012 at 11:35 am | Reply
  35. Critic13

For me, beginning with Surface, then the remakes, then Heroes: NBC is notorious for cutting their show on their bosses whim.

I'm not so surprised they did this to a rising professional as well. Bye-bye Today show, you are a monument of NBC executive whims.

July 3, 2012 at 6:54 am | Reply
  36. Carlos

All I can sayl in pain English is the president of NBC is a bitch

July 3, 2012 at 12:03 am | Reply
  37. Susan

I liked Ann Curry. When Meredith Vieiera left, they pulled Ann off of the news desk and out of seniority, put her in Meredith's place. That's what I believe happened. For whatever reason, someone didn't like her in that position and now, we have Savannah Guthrie. Millionaire or not, it was still painful for her. She was a part of that show for years, and I enjoyed her. Sorry, but I'm not gonna be a hater here. I don't know any of them. None of us know how anybody on television is in real life. But I do feel for her. The Today Show is out on a limb. I wish I could be hired to be on there and blab and eat, day after day. Kathy Lee Gifford was a complete and utter disgrace when she asked Martin Short how his wife was doing. No one is perfect but, uh, if you're doing that kind of show, do your freaking homework instead of having your stupid Winesdays or whatever. She really pissed me off when she did that to Martin Short. Maybe she needs to go home and drink with Frank. Ann Curry did all sorts of hard assignments and never did anything that freaking stupid, AND she would grow her hair and cut it off for Locks of Love. Yes. I think it sucked what happened to her.

July 2, 2012 at 10:10 pm | Reply
  38. zimbomb

All you have to do is watch Ms. Curry interviewing construction workers shortly after 9/11/2001.It was painful. I can't believe it took this long to take her off the air. She never had, and will never have what it takes to do that job. I wonder to this day, did she even go to college??????

July 2, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Reply
  39. Pat

I enjoyed Ann Curry. I think she was a gentle, caring, kind person to everyone she interviewed. She also took on the tough jobs.

July 2, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Reply
  40. Random

Should we feel sorry about a millionaire lady getting demoted? We have millions of other people who get laid off or get fired and they can't make ends meet.

July 2, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Reply
    • xavier

feel sorry who you want to feel sorry for but don't tell us who to feel empathy for. i feel for the millions that are suffering as i know people personally that are going through hard times and i feel for ann curry. don't worry about what others feel for and whom worry about youself because.

July 4, 2012 at 8:44 am | Reply
  41. Kris

I always wondered why Ann Curry still had "that" job. There are so many better ones. It's about time she go home.

July 2, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Reply
  42. Kevin

There are a lot of fake people in the television business, but Ann Curry is the most fake of them all. She is a terrible on air personality and should have been gone long ago.

July 2, 2012 at 11:40 am | Reply
    • Midwestmatt

I spent several hours a few years ago with the entire Today show cast directing a photo shoot with all of them in the same shot. Everyone was a complete professional with charm to spare. All were agreeable, easy going and generous with their limited time.

Ann Curry was extremely nice and personable to a fault. Your assertion about her character is complete and utter crap.

I have been treated poorly by far less well known people during shoots and the Today Show cast could have easily been divas but not one was.

Go back to playing Call of Duty and shut your ignorant pie hole.

July 3, 2012 at 2:09 am | Reply
  43. philfeedback

What the heck does Dewey beats Truman have to do with this story? Curry in a hurry? Racist?

July 1, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Reply