July 6th, 2012

Sneak peek at this Sunday's show

By Pallavi Reddy, CNN

It’s been a rough vacation week for presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney. While with his family in New Hampshire, he’s been facing tough criticism in the Twitter world from News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch, the editorial board of the Murdoch-owned “Wall Street Journal,” and conservative columnist Bill Kristol. Julie Mason, host of Sirius XM’s show “The Press Pool” and New York Times Magazine’s chief political correspondent Matt Bai will be on to discuss the right-wing revolt. Bai will also talk about his unusual political media diet.

This week Anderson Cooper publicly acknowledged that he is gay for the first time in an email to the Daily Beast’s Andrew Sullivan—not on his CNN show or his daytime talk show “Anderson.” Blog posts, tweets, and articles were written, but what makes this everyone’s business? TV Newser columnist Gail Shister, Huffington Post Gay Voices Editor-at-Large Michelangelo Signorile, and the Tampa Bay Times TV critic Eric Deggans weigh in on the media coverage after Cooper came out.

We’ve been updating you on the Politico White House correspondent Joe Williams after he was suspended for making controversial comments about Mitt Romney. This week, Williams has parted ways with Politico. We’ll talk to him about his side of the story.

And we’ll have David Maraniss on to talk about how he reported on President Obama’s early years in Kenya and Indonesia for his new book, Barack Obama: The Story.

This Sunday at 11 a.m. ET on CNN.

Posted by
Filed under: Blog • Reliable Sources • Sneak Peek
  1. Maria

I wish to express tnkhas to you just for bailing me out of this particular matter. As a result of exploring throughout the search engines and getting recommendations which are not helpful, I thought my entire life was done. Living devoid of the answers to the problems you've fixed all through your entire guide is a critical case, and ones that would have in a wrong way damaged my career if I hadn't noticed your web blog. The capability and kindness in touching all the pieces was helpful. I am not sure what I would have done if I had not come upon such a thing like this. It's possible to at this moment look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot so much for this specialized and result oriented guide. I will not be reluctant to suggest your web page to any person who will need care about this topic.

September 8, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Reply
  2. Rosalind O'Hagan

Mitt Romney might not have done something illegal with regards to his taxes – but we want to find out how it was fiddle. He must be hiding something.

August 11, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Reply
  3. Rosalind O'Hagan

Is it true that Mitt Romney buys bankrupt companies – then fire all employees. If that is the case then this filthy rich man is not concern about the American people – he is just concern about making more money himself. Lost of jobs and poor economy was inherited by the democrats from Bush –

July 8, 2012 at 11:37 am | Reply
    • Right on

Don't forget the the Tax loop holes, and tax breaks these 1% Job creators are suppose to trickle down to the 99% of us.

July 8, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Reply
      • Rizky

Ouch...we just can't catch a break with this network can we...Word to Romney, Bow down to Bret Baier next time...maybe say "that was the most fair and baecnald interview I've ever recieved, Thank you...Thanks for asking me questions about my plans for entitlement reform and spending cuts...thanks for asking me about my economic vision...thanks for asking about my accomplishments and why I feel I am prepared to lead this country and why my specific skillset regarding cutting the fat out of organizations to make them run more smoothly is so needed at this time.Romney really botched it, but I'm sure he's learned his lesson.Gordon

September 11, 2012 at 10:46 pm |
  4. Natalie kauffman

How can Howard be considered a "Reliable Source", when in todays show 7/8, in defending Mitt Romney's taking a vacation said that Ok he's rich and has lots of money. He also said that he made it himself. That is patently false. He inherited millions from his father and had a lot of help along the way. So much for reliability.

July 8, 2012 at 11:18 am | Reply
  5. Mario500

During the first segment of this week's edition of "Reliable Sources", Howard Kurtz mistakenly referred to Willard (Mitt) Romney as the "Republican nominee", even though no one has been nominated yet by the Republican Party for the presidency of the United States. By the way, Willard Romney is not the only Republican candidate for the presidency of the United States at this time (Ronald Paul is the other).

July 8, 2012 at 11:12 am | Reply