Al Jazeera English journalists Peter Greste, Mohamed Fahmy and Baher Mohamed were reporting in Cairo when they were arrested on December 29, 2013. The three men were convicted of terrorism-related offenses on Monday. They have strongly denied the charges.
A timeline of CNN coverage of the case:
· December 30: Al Jazeera demands Egypt release 4 journalists
· January 12: Two weeks into the ordeal, Al Jazeera correspondent Bernard Smith and Sherif Mansour of the Committee To Protect Journalists speak about "attacks on journalists" in Egypt:
· February 9: Amanpour on why she agreed with Al Jazeera English's managing editor that Egypt's actions are a "threat to journalists everywhere:"
· March 9: CNN international correspondent Sara Sidner on how she stepped in to file reports on Al Jazeera while the channel's own reporters are behind bars:
· May 25: "They should not be in those cages"
· June 16: Verdict in Al Jazeera trial expected June 23
· June 22: Greste's parents speak on "Reliable Sources:"