August 17th, 2014

Al Sharpton's dual roles: activist and anchor

In this week's Red News/Blue News segment, ConservativeBlackChick.com editor Crystal Wright and CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill debated Al Sharpton's role in the Ferguson, Missouri protests. They also discussed #IfTheyGunnedMeDown, one of the social media responses to news coverage of Michael Brown's death.

Filed under: Reliable Sources
  1. RB

Remember when cops were pigs? Well, they still are! More than half of all cops are worse than pigs. Don’t get me wrong, I think a minority of all cops are wonderful people, fair, kind, reasonable, kind and great public servants. They treat people in kind, caring, ways. Thank you guys and girls. I had an experience where I was arrested for a misdemeanor. In American law, you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty in in court of law. Most cops think they are truly judge, jury and executioner. They are guilty of many felonious crimes. Cops are vicious, violent, and dangerous psychopaths and break laws with impunity every day.

As I was being arrested for a misdemeanor, it was a misunderstanding and I was not guilty of a crime. I should have been innocent of all charges. The way cops were treating me, I feared for my life. They were assaulting me, physically abusive, violent vicious with too tight handcuffs they dug into my wrists for one hour. They would not loosen up the cuffs even though I was pleading and almost crying. As far as I am concerned those cops committed a felony assault. Creating great pain and mental anguish I have never gotten over. Cops violently abuse people more than most people arrested for assaulting people. These guys are truly dangerous. Many cops are responsible for murder, felony assaults, destroying evidence and lying.

I was denied things that an arrested person takes for granted. I was attacked and assaulted by a cop while in a room with twelve other cops and live video camera present. “They still viciously assaulted me.” While screaming stop resisting. “I was not resisting.” The cop did this to temp me to protect myself so he could punch me out with more violence. I was scared and appalled by their abuse of me and all prisoners waiting for their court dates. Something is wrong with these.

Although brought to a regional jail In the United States, I could have been in a terrible prison in a violent third world country. I swear to you. These cops were just having a ball beating, tormenting and violently assaulting me. A person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. These guys are merciless vicious killers. No kidding. I experienced cruel and unusual punishment, vicious assault.
    If cops destroy any videos or films records, they should be prosecuted for felony destruction of evidence and obstruction.
    When cops arrest somebody they occasionally slam the person on the ground, put them in a painful constraining hold and position. Then other cops rush in and start creating chaos by twisting the person limbs in unnatural positions and create deadly assaults. I have seen many cops tase a person; and while a person is going through uncontrollable convulsions, the same cops are screaming stop resisting. Most TV shows about cops show this abuse of cops and breaking of many laws.
    So let’s see, many cops are guilty of felony aggravated assault, felony tampering with evidence, criminal mischief, aggravated assault, capital murder, criminal assault, (cop blue line contempt) Criminal Contempt, Racketeering/RICO, Involuntary Manslaughter, First Degree Murder, Accessory, Aiding and Abetting, Battery, Conspiracy, Disorderly Conduct, Disturbing the Peace, criminal intent, Involuntary Manslaughter: Voluntary Murder: First-degree, Murder: Second-degree. No kidding this is for real in many police departments.

October 29, 2014 at 4:30 pm | Reply
  2. Debbie

"So He called them to Himself and said to them in parables: "How can Satan cast out Satan?" Mark chapter 3 verse 23. Citizens prepare for your demise. It is obvious that a young man was gunned down with no defense. It is also obvious that He was a black youngster experimenting with the opposite of good. Doesn't mean He was not good, but influenced by the nature of the beast to compromise His freedom. Perhaps He could have found His way amidst His journey in life like so many other youth. No one can predict what their end will be, but we all know for sure that it could have been ended like Mike Brown. We should be grateful that it did not. Imagine yourself getting behind the wheel of your car while drinking. This could have been fatal, yet God spared you one more time. Come on people who are we to judge? We do know one thing for sure'; the young man was unarmed. Ignorance prevails when we neglect the fact that another human being can be shot multiple times without just cause regardless of whether His hands were raised or not. Have you ever been shot? My point is Biblical and true. The truth is that a one sided investigation against the investigation cannot find justice because the kingdom cannot be divided. A Mother deserves true justice and that won't happen if the justice system is not transparent and just. God is true justice. I recommend the public protest but also keep in mind that true justice is starvation. Stop buying cigarettes and cigars. It will cripple the economy and save our health. Let's protest where it hurts.

August 20, 2014 at 3:57 am | Reply
  3. Julieanne

Mr Brown 6ft 3" tall and over 300 lbs.. what happened in the Patrol Car that caused Officer Wilson to have physical injury to his person. I don't think he did it to himself... I know most all Law Enforcement, it's a Big Thing to have someone take your firing Arm or try to while take down of a suspect.. This is not being brought forward but lost in all the rioting. Officer Wilson appears to not have wanted to kill anyone... 6 shots all from the front 5 of which were not fatal... Could we maybe entertain the idea that maybe this 6ft 3" 300lb man was running to and not from the Officer to physically try and do greater harm to the Law Enforcement... Maybe that last shot was fired when Mr Brown continued to rush at the Officer causing Officer Wilson to take one more shot to stop this and it struck Mr Brown in the head... Just like Football you rush your opponent and take him out below the waist.. Just maybe that's what really happened... I know it's all hypothetical but right now so is all the buzzing about what People in Ferguson think happened to Mr. Brown... Everyone has always got their Cell phones on them and texting and ignoring the life going on around them. I do find it mysterious that not one cell phone caught the event as it unfolded or in seconds after it happened... So far we have seen one person step forward and be interview via "Good Morning America" She could do nothing but smile.. Why did it take this individual so long to go back in her home and come back out and start recording the incident from there... Looks like to me that the incident and vital questions everyone was asking each other was, done and over with when she returned to video the scene.... These are just other questions and thoughts of someone that wasn't there but wants the truth... So far the truth is being stretched... The pictures of Mr. Brown in the beginning and now still show him as a cherub young man... But as the days go on... We find out how big he really is and are starting to see more recent pictures of him.. I like the rest of the nation want to know why, "Mr Browns juvenile records are sealed." Omission of these leads others including myself to really wonder what type of Kid was Mr. Brown... Obviously in the Video Surveillance Store tape, We see a much larger man looming over owner of the store and shove him not once but 2 times, and that second time was much harder and actually showed Mr Brown definitely not being the innocent he is portrayed as.. It was then I saw his build against a full grown man... There is a lot more of this story that remains untold.... I hope the rest of the Nation will stand back and let justice do their job... Get the facts on the table before they become more distorted that they all ready are... Being from a family of Law Enforcement growing up, I know how quickly things can grow..before ever being heard in a court of law... I do feel for State Patrol Captain Ron Jackson... He not only has to uphold the law but his every movement is being watched as he is also A Black Man.. to which I undoubtedly feel as he is being judged both ways... As Law Enforcement and as a Spokesperson for the Town of Ferguson because he is a Black man. My heart goes out to him and I have seen officers have to wear two hats while trying to sort the facts. I hope everyone will recognize this of him and pray for him in his very stressful role. Everyone's eyes are turned upon Ferguson, MO since the incident and prayers and rioting/protesting has heighten Mr. Brown in the community... I would like to ask those of you who believe in prayer, Don't forget Officer Wilson... I am sure throughout all of this he needs some prayer... I feel it from my Gut (nurses intuition) that Officer Wilson did not want to shoot another human being let alone kill him... I think the Bullet patterns speak for themselves... Again I stress we don't have all the facts yet.... Let's stand united as a Nation and aid The jurisdiction and Law enforcement agencies by letting these people do their job... We are wasting valuable time here with the sensationalism of this tragic event... I am the mother of 4 sons and know that I would want justice for my sons just as Mr Brown's mother wants it for hers.. Please take the time to sit back and think and let Law Enforcement and the Hand of God bring justice and calm to a community turned upside down.... This is for the People that like to Stir the Pot... JESSE JACKSON and AL SHARPTON– since you ONLY show up to make a racial issue of these tragedies, Do everyone a Favor... Pack your Damn Bags and go back to the Cave you crawled out of.....As my Momma use to say... " Those who Stir the Pot, Should have to LICK the SPOON... nuff said... Semper Paratus... The Widow of A military Officer

August 19, 2014 at 5:02 pm | Reply
    • rvb

Well said. I am a mother of a NYC police officer. He also served in Iraq. I feel your pain. I pray that this does not become worse than it already is. I still worry for my son everyday the same as when he was in the Marines. I too feel that Al Sharpton should mind his business and not stir up any more hate.

August 21, 2014 at 1:43 pm | Reply
      • Don

Why is it so much hate against Mr. Brown? All I see is everyone saying he strong armed the store for cigarillos. But you must ask the question why the chief linked the killing to the store robbery. Then later retracted but the video already done what it was supposed to by stirring up the hate. No collaboration or authentication of suspect. But the FBI confirmed it with the individual with Mr. Brown. What everyone is forgetting is robbery and jaywalking is not linked. Mr. Brown was shoot for jaywalking most of the people said for assaulting the cop. Let’s look at what was said once I believe in the interview. Cop said get out the F@@@ road, Brown and friend said probably Go F@@@ yourself. Cops slams on brakes backs up. Cop open door to exit striking Mr. Brown with door- Assault, Brown push door close while officer trying exit car. Officer trying to not get leg close in door leans side ways to, Door strikes officer against face. Officer pissed off grab Mr. Brown struggle began. Mr. Brown is dead. Now this scenario is bad day for officer. I am not a lawyer but assaulting the individual willingly or not with the door cause Mr. Brown to retaliate and end up dead sounds likes 2nd degree murder.

August 25, 2014 at 9:23 pm |
  4. steve

Al Sharpton. LOL

August 18, 2014 at 7:58 pm | Reply
  5. iamyourgod2014

Google "A Witness Conversation Unknowingly Captured at the Scene of the Ferguson Shooting is a Game-Changer"

August 17, 2014 at 11:08 pm | Reply
  6. Name*

Are you all for real.... CNN ??
    MSNBC is broadcasting this mess live while the "world news" is at dinner or sleeping?
    Shame on you... I will disconnect now... all you do is put mouth-pieces on, who inflame the issue!
    I will make SURE to inform my relatives in Europe and let them know what a bunch of frauds you all are. Happy Sunday Guys !!

August 17, 2014 at 10:42 pm | Reply
  7. Jim

If Sharpton was so good, why were they still looting and rioting? Please give me a break. I want to know why the looters haven't been charged under Civil Rights statutes yet if this was related to the shooting and they had racial animus. We all know they did and they need to be charged accordingly and I bet that they would be stunned and half of the crap would evaoprate. Yes, Sharpton fans the flames. He comes into a town starts up the media blitz, and then leaves town when the camera does and the town is left with the mess. He may have been important and relevant in his time but not now.

August 17, 2014 at 8:49 pm | Reply
  8. Dr. Bob Rosenthal

I agree with George...Brian, I generally admire your objectivity and questioning technique. But you should have asked Crystal Wright for examples of Rev. Al promoting race conflict; there aren't any, so far as I know. [Maybe it was just Brian S's version of a Billy Buckner Bobble- got through your legs and you lost the game.]

August 17, 2014 at 4:58 pm | Reply
  9. George

Crystal Wright said that Al Sharpton had advocated or engaged in race wars. I understand that she does not believe that Sharpton is not a civil rights activist and should not have a role in the situation that is going on in Ferguson, but (1)When did he advocate for a race war? (2) Is there now a race war in which Sharpton is engaging? (3) Why didn't YOU call her on that comment? I'm no big fan of Sharpton, but he has advocated for civil rights and has repeatedly advocated for peaceful protests on his show. (I'm no big fan, but I watch his show. Heck, I watch your show, too.) You should have at least challenged her on her ad hominum remark. Did CNN just join the "red news" team? On another segment, one of your guest spoke of David Gregory not challenging his guests. Edmund Burke once wrote, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." What about you?

August 17, 2014 at 12:42 pm | Reply
    • don Webster

Have you even watch any of Al's remark's , he is just as bad as the lawyer's for Mike and his Lying buddy who started this thing. The media put Dorian Johnson lies on the air and fanned the flames of racism. I think you have to look hard to find a true white racist these day's but for a black one no father than big Al. Now that he has told everybody how the black man is being treated so wrong! Nonsense ! Mike was a violent bully as the video shows . Bad cop's don't care what color you are. I think this officer was doing his Thankless job, but we will see when the C.S.I. comes out.

August 25, 2014 at 8:48 am | Reply