January 8th, 2012

Media Round-up

Lauren Ashburn and Howard Kurtz discuss MSNBC's Iowa coverage, Keith Olbermann's latest feud and a study that finds good-looking lawmakers get more TV airtime.

Filed under: 2012 Campaign • Keith Olbermann • MSNBC • Reliable Sources
  1. Deshawn Hencheck

March 6, 2021 at 2:25 pm | Reply
  2. Sterling Porris

I think this is among the most vital information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The site style is great, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

March 4, 2021 at 9:59 am | Reply
  3. ClarkMex

0a3s5 w5jxo 74b4

March 1, 2021 at 3:20 am | Reply
  4. Ignacia Maggs

January 28, 2021 at 9:58 pm | Reply
  5. Alvaro Haris

I’d need to check with you here. Which is not something I do! I quite like reading an article that can get people to think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

January 11, 2021 at 11:29 pm | Reply
  6. Shawn Josef

I do agree with all of the ideas you have presented on your post. They're very convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very brief for novices. Could you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

January 11, 2021 at 12:44 am | Reply
  7. Fanny from Ga.

Hello,
    I generally agree with most of your criticism about partisan coverage. However, I was disappointed to see you practice the same bias that you pillory. In criticising the MSNBC coverage of the Iowa caucuses, you simply ignored the existance of Steve Shmidt, because it negates the narratve you were determined to forward. When did he ( Steve Shmidt) become a liberal columnist? I don't know the others know better but Shame on you because you do!!!

January 9, 2012 at 11:51 am | Reply
  8. Jane Perrine

You have mentioned on two shows that MSNBC had five liberal commentatros covering the Iowa caucuses, but on 1/8, you showed a picture with five peole at the table. ONE of those people was, I believe, Steven Schmidt, former chair of the McCain campagin, a Republican. Why did you ignore him?

January 9, 2012 at 10:28 am | Reply
    • Tuu

I take issue with this formulation by Parker:One does not have to be from a rural Georgia wetkbacar (Clarence Thomas), or the child of recently arrived immigrants (Antonin Scalia and Samuel Alito), to qualify as a justice, though it might help in claiming identity with ordinary people.I see. If your parents are immigrants, you went to Princeton, and you advocated traditional values such as fighting against inclusion of women and minorities in traditional Princeton student institutions, then you may just be an ordinary person . If you went to a top law school and joined the Federalist Society you almost certainly have ordinary person status.Obama doesn't claim to want ordinary people on the court, he wants brilliant people who recognize the impact of supreme court decision on ordinary people.Nonetheless, I don't mind Parker's ideological bias as long as there are intelligent people on the program to call her on it.Is there any attribute of a person's words that one group or another wont cite to try and disqualify a person from hosting a nightly TV program? It's not exactly hate speech. No, it's debatable, so let's debate and let ideas win on the merit.

March 3, 2012 at 5:01 am | Reply