April 8th, 2012

Bill Plante on Mike Wallace, Morning's Celebrity Shootout

CBS News correspondent Bill Plante shares his memories of Mike Wallace with Howard Kurtz. Also, David Zurawik, Marisa Guthrie and Sharon Waxman discuss Katie Couric on ABC's Good Morning America and her face-off with Sarah Palin on the Today show.

Filed under: ABC • Katie Couric • Media • NBC • Reliable Sources • Sarah Palin
  1. Sheldon Fehn

This is the very best search engine in the planet

April 17, 2017 at 8:57 am | Reply
  2. Make Friends

If you do not put some thought into your personal Faceboook profile, you take the risk of missing out on awesome opportunities. No point in arguing.

July 7, 2014 at 4:26 pm | Reply
  3. insurance

obviously like your web site however you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to tell the truth then again I will certainly come back again.

October 28, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Reply
  4. Cynthia Davies

In talking about Mike Wallace this morning due to his recent death I was very concerned about the comment showing on screen the whole time. "Mike Wallace, TV's pit bull." I literally just finished reading a book, "The LOST DOGS, an account of MIchale Vick's dogs and their tals of rescue and redemption, per the book, by Jim Gorant. It distresses me that you'd use those words to discribe Mike Wallace when these dogs have gotten such a bad rap!!!! Please, I urge you to find different words to describe his zealous approch to journalism! Stating he is the pit bull of tv journalism adds to the desenisitizing of the public about these loving, loyal creatures!!

April 15, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Reply
    • Aniinha

how come you are going for the saints? do you feel it's just their time, or are you tired of loiknog at Peyton Manning run shit in the NFL? I myself have no problem with either team but i am leaning more towards the Colts just cause Peyton is Peyton and i think he'll pull another one out here.

August 3, 2012 at 12:35 am | Reply
  5. trade show booth rentals

Hello there, just became alert to your weblog through Google, and located that it is really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate if you happen to proceed this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

April 13, 2012 at 6:10 am | Reply
    • Alan

I agree they do go hand in hand.You can use Blogs or Twitter separately but of csuore you get maximum impact when you use them both together to complement each other.Twitter is a great way of starting a conversation, if you continue the conversation on a blog [post] you can really expand that conversation a lot more.Twitter is also a great way of testing to see what types of conversations work and ones that don’t.Twitter can be used as great way of “crowd sourcing” ideas for blog posts.[]

August 2, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Reply
      • MeiMei

MistyXoXo Posted on I'm really sorry for your falmiy's loss, but glad you and your mother have shared her story here. Lupus is a terrible disease, and the biggest shame is the medicines we have to take often hurt us more than the disease itself. Too many people with lupus don't have insurance and can't afford treatments. I can only hope that someday there will be medications that will do more good than bad, and maybe there will even be a cure.

September 9, 2012 at 7:56 am |
  6. E.Levy

You and panel did manage a creditable discussion on short notice regarding Mike Wallace's death...with the exception of the mean-spirited and glaring omission of any expression of sympathy to his family, specifically to his son, Chris Wallace. Even concerning a death in the "family" of news media, CNN's ideological pettiness prevailed. Or perhaps it was your own? In either case, it was a shameful error in judgment, perhaps revealing more about you and your network in it's absence, than did your attempt to pay tribute to the man. Professionalism and courtesy were in short supply, and short notice is no excuse for the rudeness.

April 8, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Reply
    • Kenneth

I don't mind eihter team eihter. But I really like Drew Brees (never beat Penn State!) and I like Reggie Bush too, because he was the best football player I've ever seen in person during college.

August 3, 2012 at 5:10 am | Reply