July 27th, 2012

Sneak peek at this Sunday's show

By Cassie Spodak, CNN

Mitt Romney embarked on an overseas trip this week but so far British headlines have slammed the Republican candidate –  calling him a "twit" and a "party pooper." The tone in the U.S. was also markedly different from coverage of then-candidate Barack Obama’s trip to Europe in 2008 – which was hailed as a “rock star” tour. Keli Goff, contributing editor of Loop21.com, Ryan Lizza, Washington correspondent for The New Yorker and Jim Geraghty, contributing editor at National Review discuss the week in political coverage and how Romney’s fairing on his international excursion.

A week after the shooting massacre in a movie theater in Aurora, CO coverage of the tragedy has turned into an opportunity for fiery debate on gun control laws. Jane Hall, of American University’s School of Communications and Fred Francis, former national security correspondent for NBC News, discuss the name calling and partisan fall out.

Frank Deford, is a senior contributing writer for Sports Illustrated and author of the new book Over Time: My Life as a Sportswriter, which recounts his 50 plus years as a sportswriter. He’ll discuss the latest Olympics 2012 coverage as NBC pulls out all the stops to milk their exclusive coverage of the games.

Frank Sesno, Director of the School of Media and Public Affairs at George Washington University will discuss “Face the Facts” – a new nonpartisan project aimed at distilling facts from fiction as we head into the 2012 election season. The site debuts Monday July 30th and will reveal one fact per day in categories ranging from the economy to healthcare and “life in America.”

This Sunday, 11am ET.

Posted by
Filed under: Reliable Sources • Sneak Peek
  1. hoyle casino games 2012

casino revenue new york casinos https://casinoxsgames.com/ slot maxhines at treasureisland resort and casino

March 30, 2021 at 1:06 am | Reply
  2. secret to winning slots at the casino

google casino games free slots https://casinoxsbonus.com/ new san manuel casino hotel and arena artist c

March 28, 2021 at 7:42 pm | Reply
  3. goldfish casino slots free online

big tops casino new vegas https://casinoxsonline.com/ distance from harrah casino new orleans to the hilton riverside hotel

March 27, 2021 at 4:59 pm | Reply
  4. msn games casino

casino in schenectady new york https://casinoxsbest.com/ trivago casino hotels new york state

March 26, 2021 at 11:32 am | Reply
  5. betfair casino promo code

codeshare doubledown casino promo codes https://casinoxsplay.com/ jackpot giant casino

March 23, 2021 at 9:33 am | Reply
  6. cyclomune

cyclomune 0.1% eye drops cyclosporine lab tube

March 15, 2021 at 12:51 am | Reply
  7. avana

avanafil dosing avana tablet

March 14, 2021 at 10:58 pm | Reply
  8. priligy

dapoxetine 30mg price dapoxetine 10 mg

March 14, 2021 at 10:58 pm | Reply
  9. Patrick Snoderly

I really like your writing style, wonderful information, appreciate it for putting up :D. "All words are pegs to hang ideas on." by Henry Ward Beecher.

March 4, 2021 at 10:26 am | Reply
  10. ClarkMex

v0ivl 6u384 s873

March 1, 2021 at 6:20 am | Reply
  11. zithromax zpak

what is zithromax used to treat https://zithromaxes.com/ zytromax

February 10, 2021 at 3:14 pm | Reply
  12. aralen price usa

malaria drug chloroquine https://chloroquineorigin.com/ choloroquine

February 10, 2021 at 1:31 pm | Reply
  13. hydroxychloroquine studies

hydroxychloroquine sulphate https://hydroxychloroquinex.com/ what is hcq drug

February 10, 2021 at 1:30 pm | Reply
  14. tadalafil pills

over the counter tadalafil https://tadalisxs.com/ peptide tadalafil

February 10, 2021 at 1:02 pm | Reply
  15. Newport House Clearance

hello there and thank you for your information – I’ve certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical points using this web site, since I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again very soon..

February 9, 2021 at 7:30 am | Reply
  16. Europa-Road

I like what you guys are up also. Such smart work and reporting! Carry on the excellent works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my website 🙂

February 9, 2021 at 4:54 am | Reply
  17. https://europa-road.eu/hu/temperalt-szallitas.php

Hey very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds also…I am happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

February 9, 2021 at 4:29 am | Reply
  18. xemkqxs

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My website is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would truly benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Thank you!|

February 6, 2021 at 12:54 pm | Reply
  19. Digital transformation company

657731 116241A really fascinating read, I might well not agree completely, but you do make some quite legitimate factors. 705419

February 5, 2021 at 3:49 am | Reply
  20. zortilo nrel

I like the valuable information you supply in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check once more here regularly. I'm reasonably certain I will be told a lot of new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the following!

January 30, 2021 at 12:49 am | Reply
  21. Cruz Erlanger

January 28, 2021 at 10:11 pm | Reply
  22. zortilonrel

Enjoyed examining this, very good stuff, thankyou.

January 28, 2021 at 12:42 am | Reply
  23. wig

974915 603656Definitely composed content material , thankyou for info . 633209

January 23, 2021 at 8:59 pm | Reply
  24. Electrolux EN3211MOX manuals

916679 663193Overall, politicians are split on the issue of whether Twitter is more for business or personal use. The first thing is the fact that you can build up quite a large following of folks. 206805

January 20, 2021 at 7:05 pm | Reply
  25. lace front wigs

337291 240349[...]the time to read or visit the content or websites we have linked to below the[...] 409185

January 19, 2021 at 2:49 am | Reply
  26. zortilo nrel

of course like your web-site but you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the reality nevertheless I?¦ll certainly come again again.

January 16, 2021 at 10:40 am | Reply
  27. Donnell Fiala

I simply wanted to make a quick note to express gratitude to you for all of the unique information you are showing on this site. My prolonged internet look up has at the end of the day been paid with extremely good know-how to write about with my friends. I ‘d believe that we visitors are very much fortunate to live in a wonderful website with many brilliant individuals with helpful suggestions. I feel quite privileged to have discovered the web page and look forward to tons of more fabulous times reading here. Thank you again for a lot of things. click my site here – alternative medicine institute kolkata

January 12, 2021 at 1:38 am | Reply
  28. ed pills

prostate cancer erectile dysfunction
    compare erectile dysfunction medication
    erectile reflex

November 26, 2020 at 7:35 am | Reply
  29. viajes a tenerife todo incluido

Usually I don't learn article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very great article.

April 9, 2013 at 7:12 pm | Reply
  30. Lisa

afternoon from the Republican Party's own Dark Knight: Chris Christie. The residual power ofa0Governor Christie's eneomsdrent should provide Mitt with a significant boost heading into the primary voting stage. Only time will

September 11, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Reply
  31. Suhel

Dan I agree. Romney making spiecous claims concerning his own success is just as bad as anyone else trying to lay blame on his shoulders alone. As I said, I'm no friend of Mitt's.

September 9, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Reply
  32. commercial mortgage refinancing

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a weblog website? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I have been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided vibrant transparent concept

September 2, 2012 at 10:59 am | Reply
  33. Phil Weinstein

Woukld you pay for something you couldn`t use? I am a retired American living in Mexico along with 1 million other Americans.Every month a $100 is deducted from our Soc.Sec.Check.That`s 100 million every month.We can`t use our Medicare in Mexico.Medical and dental services are much cheaper in Mexico as well as medicine.The U.S. Government spends 350 billion on illegal immegrants every year.Take better care of illegals than Americans.If we cancel our Medicare
    we can be fined under Obama care.Something is terribly wrong!!I have writen many times to thePres.,Sec of HHS,Senators,Reps,CBS,ABC,NBC,New York Times,LA Times and HLN,CNN.NOT ONE RESPONSE!!!!!
    The President and Congress can`t walk and chew gum at the same time.
    ONE MILLION PISSED OFF AMERICANS.Why don`t you pay us a visit in Puerto Vallarta,Mexico and talk to the Americans?

July 31, 2012 at 11:53 am | Reply
  34. Mark Barbash

Howie: Normally, you are right on, but your final comment on the coverage of Sally Ride was off the mark. Sally Ride did not "choose the opportunity of her death" to come out. Sexual orientation is not the cover story that it might have been and coverage of her death rightfully focused on her life long accomplishments, including being the first women in the American space program. The fact of her orientation is not a lead, or anywhere near a lead.

July 29, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Reply
    • Fabricio

At this point, I think McCain will be the Republican nominee. It's all but a cnoroation at this point. Giuliani is a great leader, and I don’t think this is the end of his political career, but he didn’t show the kind of oratorical brilliance that I’ve seen from him on several occasions. I tried to tell you this guy was gonna flop. Chalk one more successful political prediction up on my board. Mitt Romney’s strong executive experience doesn’t seem to have helped him in Florida. Romney has been a stalwart conservative in this race, but ultimately I don’t think he has enough momentum out of Super Tuesday to make it all the way. He’s certainly not out of the race, but he has a great deal of ground to gain in very little time. This was Willard's chance .and it still didn't happen for him. With a weak frontrunner despised in many circles, a crowded field of bankrupted campaigns unable to match Willard's campaign warchest, and a Republican-only primary in a state chock full of retired bigshots who moved there to avoid paying their taxes, there was no reason why Willard couldn't prevail. It speaks volumes about his surprisingly weak candidacy and reinforces my point from last week that he has nowhere else to go after Florida. Sen. John McCain is an American hero, a man of great personal integrity He's unquestionably an American hero .and up until four days ago, unquestionably a man of integrity as well. I even maintained a nominal respect for the guy when he was snuggling up to the agents of intolerance for political expediency last year. But we finally saw the sleazy side of McCain this past weekend when he intentionally distorted Willard's position on withdrawal from Iraq. This was reminiscent of the very kind of dirty politics he rightfully decried about being waged against him in South Carolina. Anyone who has to sink to that level of demagoguery to win a primary with 36% of the vote is alot less worthy of integrity accolades than he was a week ago. however, when it comes right down to it a man who agrees with us 80% of the time is better than a woman who represents the worst of American politics and a man whose great rhetoric is but a cover for a fundamental lack of real-world experience That's why the Tom DeLays and talk radio crybabies are ultimately bluffing. Whether McCain's challenger is Hitlery Rotten or Obama, the hard-right will vigorously defend and campaign for him in the summer and fall. and they should continue to push Sen. McCain towards the mainstream of the party as they have on issues like immigration. Rest assured that he'll undergo a Dole-esque conversion by the time he addresses the Republican National Convention. John McCain will cut wasteful spending in Washington, defend our troops in Iraq and our war against radical Islamist terrorism A more perfect example of a contradiction in terms I cannot recall.

September 12, 2012 at 1:12 am | Reply
  35. Barbara Carkenord

Advice to Frank Sesno and others with new ideas. Don't talk about a web site until it is available. I watched the interview, liked the idea of Face the facts and went to signoff. Website not found when searching and now I see will not be available until tomorrow. Guess what, I'll be working tomorrow and won't remember to go sign up. You missed an opportunity to have me join.

July 29, 2012 at 11:56 am | Reply
    • Barbara Carkenord

Found a place to subscribe but it should not have been this much work. http://www.facethefactsusa.org

July 29, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Reply
      • Chris Bertison

Thank you! Namaste

July 29, 2012 at 12:07 pm |
    • Chris Bertison

I totally agree with you! Like yourself, I immediately went to sign up and was equally disappointed to find that I couldn't. However, I WILL try to remember to, tomorrow. With the extreme biases of the many blogs & 'news' agencies, reaching in both directions, the facts seemed to fall victim to the passions of those posting/writing.

July 29, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Reply
      • Michelle

Iran took their cold war with Saudi Arabia to the streets of ourRead More Occupy Sesame Street BREAKING: Christie to Endorse Romney Tuesday AfternoonCLICK HERE to watch stainmerg video of the endorsementa0pressera0up in chilly New Hampshire. Your

September 9, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
  36. jacksonjay

Howie and Frank Deford make news! America was RACIST- 50 years ago!

July 29, 2012 at 11:43 am | Reply
    • Agito

I really do Not like any of the cataiddnes. Hilary is a socialist bordering on communism. Obama is inexperienced and can't really make up his mind. McCain I knew was just not the man for the job from the beginning. He's too liberal and Romney is just weird. There's something about him I don't like and I just can't pinpoint it. but oh well. Ron paul has no chance and neither do the others. good thing JE left, he needs to care for his wife his wife should have been more important than politics since the beginning. and Guliani was a good/ great NYC Mayor .but he wouldn't have been a good Pres. I don't like any cataiddnes this time around I guess I'll vote for the lesser of the four evils .I just haven't decided. def not Hil.

September 9, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Reply
      • Satomi

To those who are enamored with the free mrekat approach to health care access I say why not go all the way then? Let me posit the following scenario: The year is 2010, in response to not very widespread complaints that some people in America might actually be getting something for nothing, Congress springs into action. At the end of a grueling session, and in a remarkable display of bipartisanship, they emerge with the Healthcare Ultimate Responsibility Law (HURL). The legislation rescinds the long existing federal mandate that hospitals provide free care to those in need, and dismantles Medicare. It also abolishes all private health insurance, as some policy holders have been consuming a disproportionate amount of medical care in excess of what their premiums would have covered. Prior to leaving for his weekly salon session / hunting trip, President Britt Momley signs the bill into law, pronouncing it “…the final solution to the free rider problem…” Vice President Johann Moneygrubber and Secretary of Wealth and Inhumane Disservices Don Clydesdale look on in awe. Finally, free mrekat forces will determine the delivery of health services. Anyone wishing to see a doctor will be required to have cash on the barrelhead. Everyone’s net worth can be immediately ascertained by reading the RFID chip embedded at the base of their necks. Fools desperate enough to show up on the steps of medical institutions seeking care with no means to pay are strapped to gurneys in five point restraints and promptly, but cheaply, euthanized. Since these freeloaders would obviously have no means to pay for burial services, their useful tissues and organs are harvested to provide spare parts for the paying customers and luminaries like Paris Hilton and former Vice President Dick Cheney. The remainder of the body is burned on the premises to provide heat for the hot tubs on the liposuction unit. Many panicked Americans seeking treatment flee to the Canadian and Mexican borders only to be turned back by immigration authorities. They die in droves, providing the few remaining U.S. medical schools with a steady stream of anatomical specimens. There is not much need for doctors, with such a limited patient pool, the U.S. actually becomes the world’s largest exporter of trained physicians, and the nursing shortage that loomed so large in the early part of the decade has been resolved overnight. Surplus cadavers are collected by companies BFI and Waste Management, Inc, who in true entrepreneurial spirit have expanded their recycling operations to include corpses. No sense in burying the wretches, that’s just a waste of prime real estate! Instead, bodies are trucked off to mass incinerators where they provide the fuel to run industry. At last, a cheap source of renewable energy. Yes, it’s a new day in America, and no one is on the public dole!

November 11, 2012 at 5:29 am |
  37. batjones

Mr. Kurtz – You missed the main point of contention with Mitt Romney's comments in London. Romney was asked to make a prediction on the outcome of the Olympics. Mitt Romney then proceeded to highlight the problems of security and a threatened labor strike. He then proclaimed that he did not know if London and the British people were fully prepared to host the Olympics, in comparison to his own experience with the Salt Lake City Games. Therefore, he distanced himself from the London Games and took a cheap shot at the United Kingdom.

A diplomatic approach could have easily acknowledged the difficulties of security and labor, but would also align Romney with the UK games by saying the Salt Lake City had its challenges too, and when the UK people see athletes from all over the world, a national pride will shine brightly to overcome any problems that arise. We can be sure the grace of Queen Elizabeth will be reflected through all the British people as we witnessed at her recent Jubilee.

Do you see the difference in the approaches? Throughout the campaign Romney has always chosen to identify problems, criticize the actions of others, distance himself from any responsibility, and then offer no assistance toward a solution of forward progress.

July 29, 2012 at 11:27 am | Reply