November 30th, 2012

Sneak peek at this Sunday's show

By Cassie Spodak, CNN

After much speculation, CNN announced Thursday that Jeff Zucker will be taking over as President of CNN in late January. We’ll take a look back at Zucker’s history at NBC’s Today show and his rise through the ranks at NBC Universal. Does Zucker’s past give us a glimpse at what he might have in store for CNN? Frank Sesno, Director of the School of Media and Public Affairs at George Washington University, Fred Francis, former correspondent for NBC News, and David Zurawik, media critic for The Baltimore Sun, discuss the decision to go with Zucker and the future of the network.

Keli Goff, political correspondent for TheRoot.com, and Ramesh Ponnuru, senior editor at The National Review, discuss the week in political coverage – from Pres. Obama’s use of social media in the fiscal cliff talks, to media coverage of Amb. Susan Rice and her possible nomination for a cabinet position.

Emily Bell, of the Tow Center for Digital Journalism, discusses the much anticipated report from Judge Brian Leveson on Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World phone hacking scandal. The British controversy has embroiled the press overseas and led Leveson to call for an independent group that makes sure the press meets certain standards of independence and effectiveness. Bell also discusses a British politician suing social media users for re-Tweeting a false accusation leveled at him.

In other news across social media, culture commentator Lola Ogunnaike discusses singer Chris Brown’s vulgar Twitter attack on a comedian, and tweets directed at Matt Lauer criticizing his coverage of the Thanksgiving parade.

This Sunday, 11am ET.

Posted by
Filed under: Blog • Reliable Sources • Sneak Peek
  1. Xenia Derico

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

May 11, 2021 at 1:36 am | Reply
  2. 꽃계열 사이트

136172 163789Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group? Theres a great deal of folks that I believe would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks 833828

March 21, 2021 at 6:15 pm | Reply
  3. Nadene Lizana

A person essentially help to make severely articles I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and up to now? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular publish amazing. Wonderful job!

March 4, 2021 at 10:00 am | Reply
  4. Settingiano

296877 775827Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design. Appreciate it 912798

February 27, 2021 at 4:10 am | Reply
  5. Driveway Repair Oxnard

388247 759239An attention-grabbing dialogue is value comment. Im sure that its greater to write on this subject, towards the often be a taboo topic but typically persons are not sufficient to speak on such topics. To yet another location. Cheers 830734

February 14, 2021 at 7:07 pm | Reply
  6. Margaretta Dicken

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

January 28, 2021 at 10:09 pm | Reply