March 24th, 2013

From the desk of Howard Kurtz: Why consumers are fleeing the media

Editor's note: Howard Kurtz is the host of CNN's "Reliable Sources" and is Newsweek's Washington bureau chief. He is also a contributor to the website Daily Download.

(CNN) - The slow-motion shrinkage of the news business is driving away part of the public.

A Pew Research Center survey says that 31% of those questioned have deserted a particular news outlet because it no longer provides the kind of news and information they had come to expect. And they have noticed this despite the fact that six in 10 overall have heard little or nothing about the industry's financial woes.

Talk about cutting our own throats. This is the most depressing news we've heard about the news business in quite some time.

Who are these customers who are slipping away?

Read more of Howie's two cents here.

1. basics

774304 660901woah i like yur website. It genuinely helped me with the information i wus seeking for. Appcriciate it, will bookmark. 219855

April 8, 2021 at 12:55 am | Reply
  2. sex pistols video

824559 180048After study a handful with the content within your internet site now, and that i genuinely such as your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark internet web site list and are checking back soon. Pls look into my site as effectively and tell me what you believe. 263675

March 31, 2021 at 8:16 am | Reply
  3. Library

135429 244024I genuinely delighted to uncover this internet site on bing, just what I was looking for : D too saved to fav. 842238

March 27, 2021 at 12:21 pm | Reply
  4. 5d diamond painting

152064 496738In todays news reporting clever journalists work their own slant into a story. Bloggers use it promote their works and many just use it for fun or to stay in touch with pals far away. 806600

March 13, 2021 at 12:43 am | Reply
  5. Gail Debusk

I have been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

March 6, 2021 at 1:49 pm | Reply
  6. ClarkMex

zdhxs ji9x4 6j3h

March 1, 2021 at 8:37 am | Reply
  7. DevOps company

293168 505674hi!,I like your writing so considerably! share we maintain up a correspondence extra approximately your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this space to solve my dilemma. May possibly be that is you! Seeking ahead to peer you. 727401

February 4, 2021 at 12:19 pm | Reply
  8. Stacee Schlotterbeck

Thanks for the ideas you have provided here. Also, I believe there are many factors which will keep your car insurance policy premium decrease. One is, to take into account buying vehicles that are in the good set of car insurance providers. Cars which can be expensive tend to be at risk of being robbed. Aside from that insurance coverage is also based on the value of your car or truck, so the costlier it is, then the higher a premium you have to pay.

January 7, 2021 at 6:15 am | Reply
  9. Jim

I was disappointed to see that "Reliable Sources" completely ignored the controversy over its reporting on the verdicts last week in Steubenville, OH. To not even acknowledge one of the biggest media stories of the week on a show purportedly covering the media undermines the credibility of the show, its staff and CNN. It seems clear that "Reliable Sources" is severely compromised if the show itself chooses to ignore possible self criticism, or more likely, can be silenced by management. And the creators of this show especially should know better.

March 24, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Reply
  10. David

Who decided not to cover Candy & Poppy's exchange over Steubenville? Howie, the producers or CNN management? No profiles in courage today.

March 24, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Reply
  11. Mobile1950

Why didn't Reliable Sources cover the extremely biased coverage of the Steubenville, Ohio rape case? CNN and other networks were quite sympathetic to the rapists . This should have been a major discussion on this morning show. Why wasn't it???

March 24, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Reply
  12. Hank

I more often than none switch off CNN, and this is something that I did not use to do in the past. The reason being that I feel that on occasions the topic is a useless feel good type of propaganda or either nothing new at all rather the same old overplayed story. For instances, just the other day Rand Paul was said to be up next, I switch off as I knew that even under a different headline I was about to hear the same old story.

March 24, 2013 at 11:27 am | Reply