April 14th, 2013

Media Monitor- April 14th

Scant coverage for an abortion doctor’s murder trial, a British columnist’s mean-spirited eulogy to Margaret Thatcher and a Foxnews.com reporter avoids jail for protecting her sources.

Filed under: Blog • Media Monitor • Reliable Sources
  1. replica rolex explorer 11

339824 484203Excellent weblog here! Also your site loads up quite rapidly! What host are you utilizing? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol xrumer 946832

April 11, 2021 at 8:57 am | Reply
  2. mini sex doll

858232 959730This sounds in a way inflammatory pending mecant wait for thisthank you! 360344

April 2, 2021 at 6:06 pm | Reply
  3. Sex and the City (book)

861561 57168A persons Are normally Weight loss is undoubtedly a practical and flexible an eating program method manufactured for those who suffer that want to weight loss and therefore ultimately conserve a significantly far more culture. weight loss 286515

March 31, 2021 at 10:27 am | Reply
  4. David Mcdermid

March 6, 2021 at 3:07 pm | Reply
  5. Daron Roner

You have brought up a very great points , regards for the post.

March 4, 2021 at 9:35 am | Reply
  6. look at this website

72678 309868I like this blog its a master peace ! Glad I detected this on google . 844081

February 28, 2021 at 2:55 pm | Reply
  7. sex pistols holidays in sun

543813 495215I really enjoy the theme on your internet site, I run a internet website , and i would adore to use this theme. Is it a free of charge style, or is it custom? 723693

February 28, 2021 at 3:52 am | Reply
  8. Rory Arguillo

fantastic submit, very informative. I ponder why the opposite specialists of this sector do not realize this. You must proceed your writing. I am sure, you have a huge readers' base already!

January 28, 2021 at 10:13 pm | Reply
  9. Valarie Holley

Thank you for helping out, good information. "Job dissatisfaction is the number one factor in whether you survive your first heart attack." by Anthony Robbins.

January 28, 2021 at 10:05 pm | Reply
  10. Corey Thelemaque

January 24, 2021 at 3:51 pm | Reply
  11. car insurance ontario bmo

What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this
    I've found It absolutely helpful and it has aided me out loads.

I'm hoping to contribute & aid different users like its helped me.
    Great job.

January 21, 2021 at 9:18 am | Reply
  12. Tom Riley

Dear Howard:

Sorry you're upset because that horror Margaret Thatcher is dead and some limeys danced in the streets. Of course they danced in the streets; Margaret Thatcher shouldn't have been born. She split the country in two. She didn't give a damn about England's poor, and there were and are plenty of them. She was like her buddy Ronald Reagan in that regard, only worse, much worse. She stole from the poor, evicting them from the houses that were built for them and stuffed them with people who were more empathic to her manner of governing–like destroying trade unions. She wouldn't quit, an admirable trait unless you're dividing your country in two. Check out the UK miners strike, Howard.

She had lots of class, old Margaret. They made this creature a baroness? Jesus!

Remember the Falklands war? After Argentina surrendered, laying quietly at anchor was the pride of their fleet, the cruiser Belgrano. Thatcher told the British commander to take it out. He pleaded with her, but she snapped, "Obey orders!" The Belgrano is the only ship ever to be sunk in anger by a nuclear-powered submarine. The casualties were more than half the total Argentinian casualties during the war.

A bit about me: I'm 87 years old, served in the Royal Navy during World War II, and was awarded the George the VI medal. I know more than you, Howard, about recent English history at least, and certainly about English men and women. I'm one of the tribe.

Except that my doctor has told me flying would kill me, I'd go to England to join in the celebrations. I'd like to dance, mean-spiritedly, on the hellbat's grave.

I'll continue to watch your show. I like it, and I like you. Just watch your language!

T.S.

April 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Reply
  13. O.S. Deming

Howie,

You've done a disservice to your viewers on your Media Monitor commentary regarding the British columnist's mean spirited eulogy on Margaret Thatcher. Instead of bashing this columnist who pointed out that there were people in Great Britain celebrating Baroness Thatcher's death, you could have pointed out that there was virtually no media coverage in the United States of how controversial she actually was. Indeed, in reporting her death the American media focused on what a great "friend" she was to the U.S., showcasing pictures of her with Ronald Reagan. There American media had no mention of how divisive she was in the UK and how hated she was in Northern Ireland (both among Unionists and Sinn Fein). Moreover, the entire western world has read about or watched the rousing speech that former actress and Member of Parliament Glenda Jackson delivered on "Thatcherism." She said this not to celebrate Baroness Thatcher's death, but rather to point out that the media was re-writing history of the effects of her leadership. Howie, you can watch Glenda Jackson's speech. It's on youtube.

O.S.

April 15, 2013 at 10:43 am | Reply
  14. stewartiii

NewsBusters| Howard Kurtz on Gosnell Trial Coverage: 'Conservative Media Didn't Do Much Either'

April 14, 2013 at 7:08 pm | Reply