June 28th, 2013

Sneak peek at this Sunday's show

When the Supreme Court handed down several major decisions this week, including two historic same-sex marriage rulings, voices on both sides of the debate weighed in. On ‘Reliable Sources’ this Sunday, we’ll discuss the tone of coverage following these landmark rulings with the George Washington University’s Steve Roberts, American University’s Jane Hall, and former PBS correspondent Terence Smith. On the NSA/Edward Snowden front, our panel will discuss Glenn Greenwald firing back against journalists who question whether or not he should be arrested for his NSA reporting. And as companies continue to cut ties with Paula Deen, we’ll discuss reaction following the celebrity chef’s emotional ‘Today Show’ appearance where she addressed allegations of racism.

The highly anticipated George Zimmerman murder trial began in Sanford, Florida this week. We’ll analyze the extensive wall-to-wall coverage the trial has received with Tampa Bay Times columnist Eric Deggans.

Later in the show, we’ll talk to Elle Magazine editor-in-chief Robbie Myers and Rolling Stone contributor Janet Reitman about whether there’s a gender gap in reporting hard news stories in men’s and women’s magazines.

And finally, after a CNN career spanning nearly two decades, Howard Kurtz signs off as host of ‘Reliable Sources’ with some reflections on his time at CNN and the major stories he’s covered since the show’s first broadcast in 1998.

Tune in Sunday morning 11am ET.

Posted by
Filed under: Blog • Reliable Sources • Sneak Peek
  1. buy letter necklace

123509 266269I saw but an additional thing concerning this on yet another blog. Youve naturally spent some time on this. Nicely done! 947196

April 11, 2021 at 7:26 am | Reply
  2. pop over to these guys

568334 834190Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on this weblog loading? Im trying to discover out if its a dilemma on my end or if its the weblog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. 971270

April 8, 2021 at 5:10 am | Reply
  3. Del Sepe

March 4, 2021 at 10:17 am | Reply
  4. health insurance

177698 222304I cannot thank you fully for the blogposts on your web page. I know you placed a lot of time and effort into all of them and hope you know how considerably I appreciate it. I hope I will do precisely exactly the same for another individual at some point. Palm Beach Condos 486777

February 26, 2021 at 7:55 pm | Reply
  5. Aldo Hibbitts

January 28, 2021 at 10:31 pm | Reply
  6. Basil Calisto

What i do not understood is in reality how you're no longer actually a lot more smartly-appreciated than you may be right now. You are very intelligent. You know thus significantly with regards to this subject, produced me personally believe it from numerous various angles. Its like women and men don't seem to be fascinated except it's something to do with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. Always take care of it up!

January 24, 2021 at 3:46 pm | Reply
  7. Brittanie Manzanero

the best vacation homes are those that are located near the beaches, they are really cool”

January 11, 2021 at 11:52 pm | Reply
  8. Private personal training

Gees I'm so tired of all the same-sex marriage stories. Just let them marry already! The world won't end.

January 28, 2014 at 12:11 pm | Reply
  9. Mariilyn MacGregor

I am soooo happy – I just heard Howard was going to Fox – Thank goodness – I thought he was leaving the airwaves.....He'll be able to stay right down the middle with his reporting at Fox If you people who complain about Fox watched a few of their shows you'd know they are NOT all far far right.....As – MSNBC IS all far far Left! Too bad for CNN – They will be the losers.. As usual..

June 30, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Reply
  10. Nadine Foxwell

I do not know who the man was, but during the discussion on the Paula Deen matter, this "gentleman" said that if you looked at the supporters of Ms. Deen's restaurant, "not a one of them weighed less than 200 lbs." Neither Mr. Kurtz nor his other guests questioned this statement. This man's comment was not only perjorative, but was as much a slur on the customers of Ms. Deen's restaurant and the residents and tourists of Savannah as anything Ms. Deen may have said in her past. Maybe this man should become a national pariah and have his reputation and career destroyed.

June 30, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Reply
    • Mariilyn MacGregor

DITTO!!!!

June 30, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Reply
  11. ER Phillips

So disappointed that you're leaving CNN. It's very hard for me to imagine a show such as yours having any credibility at all on Fox (or MSNBC for that matter). Because of their extreme bias and politicization of EVERYTHING, I don't watch either of these channels so I guess I won't know how you do but good luck anyhow. I hope CNN maintains this program with a new host.

June 30, 2013 at 11:12 am | Reply