What we're reading this week...
July 12th, 2013

What we're reading this week...

By Elizabeth Cherneff, CNN

We’ve got a busy show planned for Sunday with our ‘Reliable Sources’ guest host, David Folkenflik of NPR. We’ll discuss the latest coverage of the George Zimmerman murder trial in Florida and why Rupert Murdoch and the News Corp investigation are back in the headlines- until then, here are some other stories that caught our eye this week:

How “This American Life” made it to Episode 500 – Millions of listeners tune in weekly to “This American Life,” hosted by Ira Glass. And Friday, July 12 marks the 500th episode of the enormously popular program, which has launched both a multi-city tour and an Emmy-winning television adaptation on the Showtime network in years past.  The longevity of “This American Life” is marked by the program’s ability to cover a wide array of topics in its hour-long format revolving around a central theme. When asked about his feelings on reaching the milestone, Glass replied, “Honestly, it feels to me more like an odometer rolling over than anything else,” adding, “but I think it’s because I’m not built very well for self-congratulation.”

Layhmond Robinson Jr, 88, Dies; Paved the Way for Black Journalists – This week in the New York Times’ obituary pages, the paper paid tribute to one of its own reporters. Layhmond Robinson Jr., who passed away June 29 in Queens at the age of 88, started at the Times in 1950. In addition to covering the crime and state politics beats, Robinson Jr. was named the first black president of the Legislative Correspondent’s Association. He eventually moved to WABC-TV as a local television correspondent and was cited as an influential journalist for African Americans throughout his print/broadcast career.

Direct TV to offer new channel: Dog TV – Dog owners, set your DVRs- starting next month, Direct TV has announced it will launch a new channel specifically geared towards dogs. According to the network, the 24 hour cable channel is designed to keep dogs occupied while they’re home alone. The new pet-friendly initiative will also expose dogs to stressful sounds like doorbells in an attempt to help them adapt.  Per DOGTV's website, the channel will “provide television for dogs with 3 types of programming offering relaxing and stimulating content as well as positive behavioral reinforcements.

Tune in Sunday at 11a EDT.

1. Wilmer Dake

This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

June 5, 2021 at 6:38 am | Reply
  2. Breanna Vanmetre

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

June 4, 2021 at 7:15 pm | Reply
  3. Daniele Bigsby

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

May 10, 2021 at 4:47 am | Reply
  4. best replica rolex

380790 152161Yours can be a prime example of informative writing. I feel my students could learn a lot from your writing style and your content material. I may share this post with them. 725822

April 7, 2021 at 11:17 am | Reply
  5. rolex sky dweller replica 326938cso yellow gold bezel 42mm

296229 346524I want going to comment as this posts a bit old now, but just wanted to say thanks. 723086

April 2, 2021 at 4:46 pm | Reply
  6. sex industry coordination unit

810722 610349Yay google is my king helped me to discover this outstanding website! . 309541

March 31, 2021 at 2:09 pm | Reply
  7. 부자티비

595048 959248What a lovely weblog. I will certainly be back once again. Please maintain writing! 255178

March 21, 2021 at 9:14 pm | Reply
  8. 여우코믹스

83341 871875Some truly howling work on behalf of the owner of this website , dead wonderful subject matter. 574594

February 27, 2021 at 5:04 am | Reply
  9. playground equipment for schools tncompass

play equipment portland oregon

February 24, 2021 at 10:26 pm | Reply
  10. Ronny Cutrone

This is the suitable weblog for anybody who desires to search out out about this topic. You understand a lot its virtually exhausting to argue with you (not that I actually would need…HaHa). You positively put a brand new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply great!

February 21, 2021 at 12:47 pm | Reply
  11. CI CD services

116050 690973Hello! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the excellent information youve gotten appropriate here on this post. I will likely be coming back to your blog for far more soon. 259072

February 7, 2021 at 2:21 am | Reply