August 23rd, 2013

Sneak peek at this Sunday's show

By Sara Fischer, CNN

There’s a lot to discuss on ‘Reliable Sources’ this Sunday with our guest host, Eric Deggans, TV and media critic for the Tampa Bay Times and future TV critic for NPR.

We’ll start by taking a look at the coverage of the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington. Additionally, we will discuss the media coverage of American civil rights with longtime CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather, along with Senior External Affairs Director of Free Press, Joseph Torres and Founding Member of the National Association of Black Journalists, Paul Delaney.

Also on the show, we’ll speak with a Brian Beutler, political writer for Salon and New York Times Columnist Charles Blow about whether the media has been hyping the national race discussion and the fairness of its’ coverage.

We’ll also invite panelists David Zurawik, television and media critic for The Baltimore Sun and Mohammed el Nawawy, author and professor at Queens University of Charlotte to give their take on the launch of Al Jazeera America this week.

Kelly McBride of the Poynter Institute will also join us to discuss ESPN’s decision to pull its logo and credit from "Frontline's" upcoming documentary about the controversial subject of sports and brain injury.

Lastly, we will chat with Wil Haygood, columnist for The Washington Post, who first reported on veteran White House butler Eugene Allen, the man who served as the inspiration for Lee Daniel's new film, "The Butler."

Tune in Sunday morning at 11am ET.

Filed under: Al Jazeera • Al Jazeera America • Civil Rights • ESPN • March on Washington • NFL • Race • Sneak Peek • The Butler • Washington Post
  1. Emile Wurm

I have recently started a site, the info you provide on this web site has helped me tremendously. Thanks for all of your time & work. "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." by Ayn Rand.

March 6, 2021 at 2:08 pm | Reply
  2. Dallas Beresford

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

February 21, 2021 at 10:49 am | Reply
  3. 로켓툰

115907 809701It was any exhilaration discovering your web site yesterday. I arrived here nowadays hunting new issues. I was not necessarily frustrated. Your ideas following new approaches on this thing have been helpful plus an superb assistance to personally. We appreciate you leaving out time to write out these items and then for revealing your thoughts. 212285

February 16, 2021 at 4:38 pm | Reply
  4. DevSecOps Definition

413352 38019Stay up the good work! 711177

February 12, 2021 at 2:52 pm | Reply
  5. fresh dumps online

419520 810136As soon as I discovered this website I went on reddit to share some of the enjoy with them. 105114

February 6, 2021 at 3:21 am | Reply
  6. Delores Keogh

It took me several days to completely replace regular cigarettes with the electronic cigarette.

January 12, 2021 at 12:42 am | Reply
  7. ugg boots

cheaps ugg
    ugg boots http://www.kiransoniarts.com/

November 25, 2013 at 8:50 am | Reply
  8. Alan Rudolph

I watch Reliable Sources every Sunday morning while taking care of odds and ends in my office. So this morning I wasn't looking at the show when it came on, but listening. I'm aware that each week you have tried out a new host. Today, I heard the voice of the new host, Eric Deggans. It got my attention and I watched the rest of the show. Mr Deggans showed a poise, clarity and calmness that I really appreciated. This is your guy. I would love to see him on the show every Sunday morning.

August 25, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Reply
  9. margaret Ceyhan

I really enjoyed watching this Sundays RS. Dan Rather was very interesting and the anchor let him speak at length. The discussions were very interesting regarding civil rights and MLK. Great job.

August 25, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Reply