August 30th, 2013

Sneak peek at this Sunday's show

By Becky Perlow, CNN

New York Times' media reporter Brian Stelter returns to host our show this week and he's brought with him a slew of great media topics to discuss. Since Sunday's still a few days away, though, here's a sneak peek to whet your appetite.

CNN's Frederik Pleitgen will be kicking off our show in Beirut with an update on the situation in Syria. Jumping back across the ocean to Washington D.C., our show will turn to the media's coverage of the Syrian civil war. The Huffington Post's Michael Calderone, The Daily Caller's Matt Lewis and Al Monitor's Foreign Policy Reporter Laura Rozen join Stelter in the studio to discuss how the media's coverage of the Iraq War might be shaping the coverage of the Syrian war, and ultimately, America's opinion of the war-ravaged region.

Then, The Guardian's Glenn Greenwald joins the show for an update on the NSA leak story and why it has become the story of the summer.

Keith Olbermann, formely of ESPN, MSNBC and Current TV, returned to ESPN this week with a new show. Deadspin's Tim Burke will weigh in on the anchor's 16-year hiatus from his first debut on the sports network, how Olbermann has changed and what he has planned for his new late-night show.

Finally, BuzzFeed's Whitney Jefferson swings by to assess the media circus surrounding Miley Cyrus' recent VMA performance.

Tune in Sunday morning at 11am ET.

Posted by
Filed under: Civil War • ESPN • Glenn Greenwald • Keith Olbermann • Miley Cyrus • NSA • Sneak Peek • Syria • Twerking
  1. omega replica

79444 320377I agree completely with what you said. Fantastic Stuff. Keep it going.. 573980

April 7, 2021 at 9:15 am | Reply
  2. EfrainSSam

Definitely think that that you simply stated. Your preferred reason appeared to be about the
    net the easiest thing to understand. I say to you personally, I
    certainly get irked while people consider worries that they plainly usually do not learn about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the best in addition to defined out the
    whole thing without needing side effect , people
    could have a signal. Will likely return to get more.
    Thanks

My webpage: EfrainSSam

March 17, 2021 at 11:04 am | Reply
  3. Ruthanne Forsey

I'm also writing to let you understand what a helpful experience my friend's princess experienced using the blog. She picked up such a lot of pieces, most notably what it's like to possess an awesome coaching character to get other folks easily know just exactly specified complicated topics. You really did more than my desires. Thank you for imparting such insightful, safe, revealing and also fun thoughts on your topic to Sandra.

March 6, 2021 at 1:54 pm | Reply
  4. Angelia Leveto

March 4, 2021 at 9:57 am | Reply
  5. www.richardmillereplica.org

376568 461697extremely very good goodthis post deserves almost absolutely nothing hahaha merely joking: S nice write-up: P 426508

February 28, 2021 at 6:20 am | Reply
  6. InesRBrimage

I visited several websites but the audio feature for audio songs existing at this particular site
    is actually wonderful.

my web blog: InesRBrimage

February 28, 2021 at 12:54 am | Reply
  7. Buster Brandes

There are some interesting deadlines on this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There may be some validity however I'll take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we would like more! Added to FeedBurner as nicely

February 21, 2021 at 10:59 am | Reply
  8. Quality Social Media Likes

I went over this website and I conceive you have a lot of great info , saved to bookmarks (:.

February 4, 2021 at 7:52 pm | Reply
  9. Lourie Aiola

January 28, 2021 at 10:12 pm | Reply
  10. Stephen Kinning

Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was looking for! "Washington is the only place where sound travels faster than light." by C. V. R. Thompson.

January 21, 2021 at 6:01 am | Reply
  11. Casey Towns

What a rubbish. How can you call it a website. Change the style, so it will be a bit more interesting

January 12, 2021 at 2:26 am | Reply
  12. Jazmin Mallin

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

January 10, 2021 at 11:55 pm | Reply
  13. Duzinkiewicz

No doubt, Brian Stelter is a good person and journalist but he simply does not work as a moderator/host. There is something unpleasant about his stage presence and he tends to paraphrase what a guest said and what is obvious to the viewer. Sorry but this individual makes a person cringe.

September 1, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Reply
  14. Dave

...an excellent interview with Greenwald. His message is what we need to hear. His mission must be carried on by more reporters.

September 1, 2013 at 11:47 am | Reply