Sony moves to sell cable TV via the Internet
January 7th, 2014

Sony moves to sell cable TV via the Internet

By Brian Stelter, CNN

The day when Americans can buy a cable-like television service via the Internet is inching closer.

Sony on Tuesday said that it would start testing what it calls a "cloud-based TV service" later this year. The company said the unnamed service would include a package of live television channels, on-demand TV episodes and digital video recorder capabilities.

This kind of television bundle is similar in scope and price to the subscriptions sold by Comcast, DirecTV and Verizon FiOs, but is delivered through an existing Internet connection.

It could give new options to consumers who currently have only one or two choices for a monthly TV subscription: theoretically a consumer could buy broadband from an existing provider like Comcast orVerizon (VZFortune 500), then choose from any number of virtual cable providers, Sony being one of them.

Read more of Brian's article here.

Posted by
Filed under: Reliable Sources
  1. Kitsap Daily News

I value the blog post.Thanks Again. Cool.

June 30, 2021 at 9:39 am | Reply
  2. Lorretta Piao

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

June 5, 2021 at 10:12 am | Reply
  3. knockoff Rolex Price List

379915 751975Id ought to speak to you here. Which is not some thing Which i do! I like reading an article that can make men and women believe. Also, thank you for permitting me to comment! 717001

May 22, 2021 at 12:46 am | Reply
  4. Miles Fryday

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

May 11, 2021 at 3:05 am | Reply
  5. List of Devops Tools

741543 53558Wohh exactly what I was searching for, appreciate it for posting . 640135

April 18, 2021 at 3:17 am | Reply
  6. see this here

989569 234780Sorry for the huge review, but Im actually loving the new Zune, and hope this, as properly as the superb reviews some other individuals have written, will help you decide if it is the right choice for you. 216094

April 7, 2021 at 2:00 pm | Reply
  7. best cvv shop

872294 867736Hi there! Nice post! Please do inform us when we could see a follow up! 137260

March 5, 2021 at 7:41 am | Reply
  8. Rosalina Badger

Hello my friend! I want to say that this article is amazing, great written and come with almost all significant infos. I would like to look more posts like this .

March 4, 2021 at 10:26 am | Reply
  9. sexagesimal system

42173 886849Last month, when i visited your weblog i got an error on the mysql server of yours. ~, 455610

February 26, 2021 at 1:09 pm | Reply
  10. binance site

675214 104368Hi there! Great stuff, please do tell me when you lastly post something like that! 223488

February 20, 2021 at 1:48 am | Reply
  11. Mel Kaja

I really appreciate this post. I've been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You've made my day! Thx again!

January 28, 2021 at 10:06 pm | Reply