DirecTV drops Weather Channel amid contract dispute
January 14th, 2014

DirecTV drops Weather Channel amid contract dispute

By Brian Stelter, CNN

The Weather Channel disappeared from DirecTV's channel lineup shortly after midnight on Tuesday, the latest escalation in a contentious contract negotiation.

DirecTV (DTVFortune 500), the biggest satellite television distributor in the United States, appears to have replaced the Weather Channel with WeatherNation, a 24-hour channel that DirecTV has been promoting as an alternative.

"This is unprecedented for the Weather Channel," said David Kenny, CEO of the Weather Channel's parent company. "In our 32 years, we have never had a significant disruption due to a failure to reach a carriage agreement."

Usually when cable channels and distributors go to war over money, the two sides warn customers that a blackout will be inconvenient. This time, the Weather Channel is saying it'll be downright dangerous.

Read more of Brian's article here.

Posted by
Filed under: Reliable Sources
  1. Alien Og strain

740405 965214Id have to check with you here. Which is not something I typically do! I enjoy reading a post that will make folks feel. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment! 291430

April 14, 2021 at 1:36 am | Reply
  2. hublot replica

103645 687886You got a extremely wonderful internet site, Sword lily I observed it through yahoo. 766252

April 2, 2021 at 7:35 am | Reply
  3. Siu Mumma

I used to be able to find good advice from your content.

April 1, 2021 at 7:27 am | Reply
  4. does guardian dental cover dentures

206306 395257As soon as I detected this internet internet site I went on reddit to share some of the adore with them. 115073

March 31, 2021 at 8:03 am | Reply
  5. Shari Oshey

I’m impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and interesting, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that too few men and women are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I stumbled across this in my hunt for something relating to this.

March 29, 2021 at 9:12 am | Reply
  6. Kori Ceravolo

Great ¡V I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task..

March 4, 2021 at 10:22 am | Reply
  7. 여우코믹스

76222 483983Spot lets start work on this write-up, I truly believe this fabulous website needs an excellent deal a lot more consideration. Ill apt to be once again to learn far a lot more, appreciate your that info. 876663

February 27, 2021 at 8:02 am | Reply
  8. Devops

38211 515993Its hard to search out knowledgeable individuals on this topic, but you sound like you realize what you are speaking about! Thanks 717324

February 7, 2021 at 1:37 am | Reply
  9. Billie Lah

January 28, 2021 at 10:10 pm | Reply
  10. Librada Rauschenberg

January 21, 2021 at 3:48 am | Reply
  11. Dane Solinger

I've been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this web site. Thanks , I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

January 11, 2021 at 1:28 am | Reply