January 19th, 2014

Sneak peek at this Sunday's show...

Tune in to "Reliable Sources" this Sunday at 11 a.m. Eastern! Here's a preview from the program's host Brian Stelter:

This week we're taking "Reliable Sources" on the road to the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. There's probably never been a better - or more complicated - time to be a documentary filmmaker, so we'll show you interviews with directors of several attention-getting films here at the festival.

But we'll begin the show with a fast-developing controversy involving the New Jersey governor Chris Christie. MSNBC has led the way on a story about the mayor of Hoboken, New Jersey's claims that Christie's office withheld relief funds after Superstorm Sandy in 2012. Now the channel is being accused - by a spokesperson for the governor - of being "a partisan network that has been openly hostile to Governor Christie and almost gleeful in their efforts attacking him." I'll talk with Erik Wemple, media critic at The Washington Post, and Kate Zernike, who has covered Christie for The New York Times.

I'll also have an update on the television blackout affecting one in six households in the United States: the one that arose from a dispute between DirecTV and The Weather Channel. Meteorologist Jim Cantore will tell me how he feels about the blackout (we're about to tape an interview with him here in Park City) and media analyst Barry Parr will tell me what it signals about the television industry.

Then it's time for Sundance. Here's Main Street in Park City, right outside the sushi restaurant that CNN has turned into a lounge and workspace for the festival:

At the lounge I'll talk with a trio of film reporters - Brooks Barnes of The New York Times, Barbara Chai of the Wall Street Journal and Ramin Setoodeh of Variety - about the new ways that the films here can reach audiences all around the world, and show snippets of conversations with a trio of directors.

"Reliable" wouldn't be complete without a look at last night's "Saturday Night Live," which featured the new cast member Sasheer Zamata, the show's first African American woman in six years. Comedian Debra Wilson and theli.st co-founder Rachel Sklar will join me.

It's almost 11 a.m. Eastern - hope you'll tune in!

–Brian

Filed under: Reliable Sources
  1. rolex copy watches

911708 418690 You should take part in a contest for among the finest blogs on the internet. I will recommend this internet site! 572241

April 8, 2021 at 11:17 am | Reply
  2. sexy love films 18+ full

310076 318243Thanks for your time so a lot for your impressive and remarkable guide. I will not be reluctant to endorse your internet sites to any individual who should receive direction on this problem. 535636

March 31, 2021 at 1:46 pm | Reply
  3. Ezekiel Brouillet

Thank you, I have recently been looking for information about this topic for a while and yours is the best I have found out so far. However, what about the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the supply?

March 6, 2021 at 2:05 pm | Reply
  4. Reggie Crickenberger

I want to voice my appreciation for your kindness in support of those who have the need for help on this important topic. Your real dedication to getting the solution all around ended up being really informative and have without exception permitted some individuals like me to attain their objectives. Your own interesting guidelines denotes much to me and extremely more to my fellow workers. Warm regards; from each one of us.

March 4, 2021 at 10:17 am | Reply
  5. Monroe Stare

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made sure nice factors in options also.

February 21, 2021 at 11:07 am | Reply
  6. DevSecOps solutions

946779 616141you may have a amazing weblog here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my weblog? 94903

February 17, 2021 at 11:16 pm | Reply
  7. 홀덤사이트

656107 178187Also, weblog often and with intriguing material to maintain individuals interested in coming back and checking for updates. 66112

February 17, 2021 at 12:11 am | Reply
  8. Viva Mayze

January 28, 2021 at 10:08 pm | Reply
  9. Leora Krebs

Merci à vous pour ce game. Moi j’adore les games de tir, et vous?

January 12, 2021 at 1:12 am | Reply
  10. Brice Femmer

Very good written post. It will be beneficial to anybody who usess it, including myself. Keep up the good work – looking forward to more posts.

January 11, 2021 at 2:31 am | Reply
  11. Kay Brown

Of course it's a partisan network do you seriously believe FOX isn't Gov? You have a partisan channel I want one that is more in tune with my thinking.

January 19, 2014 at 12:10 pm | Reply
  12. Kay Brown

I have been with The Weather Channel from the beginning of satellite TV availability. They are family and I appreciate the attention they give to global warming and climate change that no one else will. That guy interviewed this morning was wrong. Our "local" weather come from the Phoenix channels which concentrate on Phoenix which is desert.. We live in the mountains 100 miles north and 4000 feet higher and get our coverage from The Weather Channel especially active alerts. On Sunday mornings there is no local live coverage until 10 am if you have plans to go anywhere it's all advertising or cartoons. We seniors in this part of central AZ depend on The Weather Channel to keep us updated on what is happening with friends and family across the nation and around the world.

January 19, 2014 at 12:05 pm | Reply