April 27th, 2014

Sneak peek at this Sunday's show

Good morning! This Sunday morning on "Reliable Sources," we'll be talking about... Sunday morning television. Specifically, the storied NBC program "Meet the Press," which was the subject of this Washington Post story at the start of the week: "As 'Meet the Press' struggles in the ratings, plenty of questions for host David Gregory."

The story said that NBC had a "psychological consultant" assess Gregory last year. NBC strongly disputed the word "psychological." To peek behind the curtain at the use of consultants in television news, I'll talk with Andrew Heyward, a former president of CBS News, and Jack MacKenzie, the president of Magid Generational Strategies.

I'll also air an exclusive interview with Barry Diller, the media mogul who financed Aereo, the startup being sued by all the major broadcasters in the United States. Diller was in the courtroom on Tuesday when the Supreme Court justices heard Aereo argue for its life. A few days later, he agreed to sit down with me for an interview. He told me what he thought of Tuesday's hearing and what a win - or a loss - by Aereo in court will mean to the future of television. (The Diller interview expands on my conversation last week with Chet Kanojia, the chief executive of Aereo. You can watch it here if you missed it.)

I'll also have a follow-up to last week's interview with investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson, who resigned from CBS News last month. She raised a question about whether the progressive media monitoring group Media Matters was paid to target her after she produced stories that were unflattering toward the Obama administration. She also said Media Matters "used to work with me on stories and tried to help me produce my stories," before turning against her. David Brock, the founder of Media Matters, will join me to discuss what his group does and doesn't do.

Two other segments to tell you about:

I'm very excited to talk with Mike Bettes, a meteorologist at The Weather Channel. Bettes has been chasing tornadoes for years. (I first met him in 2011 when we were both in Joplin, Missouri covering the aftermath of the disastrous tornado there.) This weekend he's going back out on the road for the first time since he and his crew were injured covering the El Reno, Oklahoma tornado last year. I'll ask him about what, if anything, he'll do differently this year.

And I'll look at the news coverage of Cliven Bundy's dispute with the government through a Red News/Blue News lens.

See you at 11 a.m. Eastern time!

–Brian

Filed under: Reliable Sources
  1. breitling chronomat replica a13050 1 black strap 39mm

873983 742419Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and discovered that its actually informative. Im gonna watch out for brussels. Ill be grateful in the event you continue this in future. Numerous individuals will probably be benefited from your writing. Cheers! 611454

April 2, 2021 at 9:35 am | Reply
  2. sex with dolls

887197 896523This web site is my breathing in, real fantastic design and perfect content . 51594

April 2, 2021 at 12:41 am | Reply
  3. realputlocker.pro

10642 527307I like this web site so a lot, bookmarked . 491054

March 22, 2021 at 3:42 pm | Reply
  4. Cecille Kiger

There are actually loads of particulars like that to take into consideration. That could be a great level to convey up. I offer the ideas above as basic inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you carry up the place crucial thing will be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if greatest practices have emerged round issues like that, but I'm positive that your job is clearly identified as a good game. Both girls and boys really feel the impression of just a moment’s pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.

February 21, 2021 at 8:24 pm | Reply
  5. https://europa-road.eu/hu/nemzetkozi-fuvarozas-szekesfehervar.php

This is a topic close to my heart cheers, where are your contact details though?

February 9, 2021 at 5:11 am | Reply
  6. zortilonrel

Can I just say what a reduction to search out somebody who really is aware of what theyre talking about on the internet. You positively know how you can deliver an issue to light and make it important. More people must learn this and understand this aspect of the story. I cant believe youre no more popular since you undoubtedly have the gift.

February 7, 2021 at 10:29 am | Reply
  7. Arnulfo Ferrandino

magnificent put up, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector do not realize this. You must proceed your writing. I'm confident, you have a great readers' base already!

January 28, 2021 at 10:30 pm | Reply
  8. Marcel Cumley

January 28, 2021 at 9:58 pm | Reply
  9. michael

The Cinco de Mayo segment misses the point....I've actually lived in Mexico off and on for 30 years and the 5th of May is very much promoted in the vacation areas with much drinking and parties mostly directed at Americans but the Mexicans do partake. Another thing is there is very much a culture of drinking in Mexico on Holidays and every Sunday.....The hat and tequila segments do hit the nail on the head somewhat.

May 11, 2014 at 11:36 am | Reply