May 4th, 2014

Will Lara Logan return to "60 Minutes?"

Here's what Brian said on air:

Is Lara Logan ever coming back to "60 Minutes?"

That's the question that reporters, producers and TV executives will all be asking on Monday. New York magazine is about to come out with a feature by all-star reporter Joe Hagan, and the line on the cover says "Should Lara Logan Be Allowed Back on '60 Minutes?'"

You probably remember what happened last October. It was about the topic of our first segment this morning, the tragedy in Benghazi. Logan interviewed a security officer she called Morgan Jones. And he told a story about being in Benghazi on the night of the consulate attack.

But after Logan's report aired, the story unraveled. In November, she came back on the program, said "we were wrong to put him on air," and apologized. She has been on a leave of absence ever since.

So Hagan looked into what happened and into her past at CBS News. And in his story, he uses the word "toxic" to describe her. Hagan reports that "Logan's return appears less and less certain."

Some people at CBS say there is still a plan for her to come back on the air - and that it could happen soon. But I think this magazine story will create even more uncertainty about that. CBS has declined to comment. The story will come online tonight, and in print tomorrow.

Filed under: 60 Minutes • Blog • CBS News • Reliable Sources
  1. Leila Marus

There are a few interesting points on time in this posting but I do not know if these center to heart. There’s some validity but I will take hold opinion until I explore it further. Great article , thanks and now we want more! Combined with FeedBurner also

January 11, 2021 at 9:29 pm | Reply
  2. 700k money system

Earn 100 commissions of up to 900+ dollars DAILY. 90 Second Set Up – Beta Tested Proven 24-7 AUTOPILOT Income – Live The Internet Lifestyle. More details: https://bit.ly/2YfQFcC

December 26, 2020 at 9:15 am | Reply
  3. Kendall Kleffman

World's most powerful link building and traffic genarator software. Click on my profile name for more details

December 13, 2020 at 11:31 pm | Reply
  4. detectives privados san Sebastián de los reyes

detectives privados antequera

December 11, 2020 at 8:54 pm | Reply
  5. Bert Gelb

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who was doing a little homework on this. And he in fact bought me dinner simply because I discovered it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this matter here on your internet site.|

January 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm | Reply
  6. RoseannAWG

Great post.

June 23, 2015 at 5:35 am | Reply
  7. RoseannAWG

Thanks , I have recently been looking for info about this topic for a while and yours is the best I have came upon so far. However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you sure concerning the source?

June 23, 2015 at 2:53 am | Reply
  8. RoseannAWG

Magnificent website. Plenty of helpful info here. I am sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you in your sweat!

April 25, 2015 at 10:07 pm | Reply
  9. Lyle Smith

As a fan of 60 minutes I am sad to see Lara Logan return last night. The last thing that 60 minutes needs is someone who is not trustworthy or truthful. She has proven herself to be not up to the 60 minutes standard I will no longer be a fan and will probably not watch her segments, There is enough bad TV to watch and now they have added more. There are many good reporters out there who outshine Logan and are more truthful.

September 29, 2014 at 6:54 am | Reply
  10. steve

I hope she doesn't get her job back. She made the same mistake that Dan Rather made by not gettibg his facts straight about a news story.lol!

May 6, 2014 at 10:53 am | Reply