June 1st, 2014

Red News/Blue News: Edward Snowden

Following Edward Snowden's first American television interview, Pentagon Papers whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg gives his take on how Snowden has been characterized by liberal and conservative media.

Filed under: Blog • Edward Snowden • NBC • Reliable Sources
  1. Coralee Aufiero

March 6, 2021 at 2:32 pm | Reply
  2. Digital transformation

300460 270903A thoughtful insight and ideas I will use on my internet site. Youve certainly spent some time on this. Congratulations! 696152

March 5, 2021 at 4:32 am | Reply
  3. Alix Rixie

March 4, 2021 at 10:22 am | Reply
  4. Genoveva Kapichok

There are some attention-grabbing closing dates on this article however I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There's some validity but I will take maintain opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we wish extra! Added to FeedBurner as properly

February 22, 2021 at 2:44 am | Reply
  5. Justin Steman

The following time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I do know it was my option to learn, however I really thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you may repair if you werent too busy on the lookout for attention.

February 21, 2021 at 11:26 am | Reply
  6. Olene Krupa

January 28, 2021 at 10:27 pm | Reply
  7. Felecia Ruprecht

Your blog is amazing dude, i love to visit it everyday. very nice layout and content ,

January 12, 2021 at 1:27 am | Reply
  8. Craig Vale

Post interview little has been said about Snowden's comments re: returning to face the music and his reasons for his reluctance to do so. They are overlooked by the media and the frothing at the mouth politicians too. To think he would have even the slimmest chance at a fair trial is to be delusional at best and totally ignorant as to how the FISA courts work at best. Even exculpatory evidence can be suppressed by the courts under the guise of " state secrets" or the need to keep gov't secrets paramount at the expense of a just and fair trial. The FISA courts have failed this nation in that the very basic rights of an individual to present evidence exonerating themselves of the most serious of charges can be disallowed and prohibited under the broadcloth of protecting our national security. So for those who think he would have even a minimal shot at a just and fair trial, I would suggest that they do some research of the FISA courts and see for themselves how the constitution is mangled by the court.
    I would agree that some punishment is due but the likelihood of snowden not seeing the light of day for decades to come is high.Additionally the claim made by some that he endangered or had caused the loss of life is spurious at best and is for the most part the knee jerk reaction by politicians who are completely ignorant as to the facts surrounding his disclosures. This nation finds itself embarrassed by what has been divulged but little else .History will exonerate Snowden and he will be seen as one of the few who took the moral high ground to protect the constitution, NOT hide within it.

June 2, 2014 at 9:30 am | Reply