August 31st, 2014

Red News/Blue News: is the threat posed by ISIS to America being overblown?

In the above video, Josh Rogin and Naomi Wolf discuss whether politicians and TV talking heads are exaggerating the danger ISIS poses to the United States.

"Let's go ahead and stipulate, right at the start, that the extremist group known as ISIS is a force to be reckoned with, and its actions are atrocious and its beliefs are backwards," host Brian Stelter said in his Red News/Blue News introduction. "But let's consider whether there is a direct threat to America that is being overstated, and whether the press is doing what it should be doing - which is challenging people in power and demanding evidence for their assertions."

Stelter added, "I think the tone of a lot of the news coverage about ISIS has been reflecting the government position."

He played some examples of politicians and TV talking heads warning about the threat of terrorist infiltrations from Mexico and Canada.

"The evidence is not there," Stelter said. "And yet the people who say this stuff don't seem to be held accountable."

The government said Friday that "the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the FBI are unaware of any specific, credible threat to the U.S. homeland from ISIL."

Posted by
Filed under: Reliable Sources
  1. 검증사이트

When I initially commented I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new
    comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment is added I
    recieve 4 emails with the same comment. There has to be a means you are able to
    remove me from that service? Kudos!

January 16, 2021 at 10:00 am | Reply
  2. Erinn Kumm

There’s noticeably a bundle to find out about this. I assume you made sure nice factors in options also.

January 12, 2021 at 12:42 am | Reply
  3. Miquel Lepak

January 11, 2021 at 2:01 am | Reply
  4. Jetta

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post
    is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty.
    You are wonderful! Thanks!

Also visit my site 슈어맨

December 20, 2020 at 7:41 pm | Reply
  5. Raphael

Hello to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more
    from this website, and your views are good in support of new people.

Review my blog post :: 토토

December 1, 2020 at 10:15 am | Reply
  6. Wesley

This info is invaluable. When can I find out more?

Look at my web site 토토사이트

November 30, 2020 at 3:10 pm | Reply
  7. Joshu Raiten

Dear Brian Stelton,
    I am concerned that no one has discussed how ISIS is getting their financial backing. They are not a country, they do not have a GDP, how do they afford their weapons? The military equipment that they are using is not cheap. There seems to be a financial motivating factor behind many wars in history. Is there a group that is encouraging these radicals to wake up the American war machine again? Is there money to be made behind the scenes that is driving this?
    These are the real issues that at least need to be asked. How this plays into the complicated world political scene needs to be outlined instead of just repeating that these are radicals that are acting alone. It is impossible for them to do this without help. Who is helping them?

September 7, 2014 at 12:15 pm | Reply
  8. Mustafa Muhammad

Could you imagine the healthcare system if Paul leads with Carson after debates! man!

September 1, 2014 at 11:43 am | Reply
  9. Mustafa Muhammad

Fox's greatest weakness is its contributors. They are all bought by lobbyists, organizations and politicians. The real question is how will our votes go? Like: A. Pakistan B. The Recount C. Paul(P)/Carson (R)... I choose C!

September 1, 2014 at 11:41 am | Reply
  10. warthog6

Okay, so all our enemies are killing eachother. How is that a problem?

I have an idea! Send Oscar the Grouch over to fight them all.

August 31, 2014 at 11:30 pm | Reply