September 14th, 2014

Where are the anti-war voices on TV?

Rep. Barbara Lee, the only member of Congress to vote against the use of force authorization in Afghanistan in 2001, talks to Brian Stelter about why we hear so few anti-war voices on cable news.

Lee said that in her experience, voices of dissent are rarely "called to be on the media and in the press to have these kinds of discussions."

"I think it is, in many ways, derelict, because we are here to make sure that people know what is going on, that they understand the issues, that they know what the crises are about, so they can really understand what the solutions could be. But if they the only have one point of view, that's the point of view they take and embrace."

Asked about polls that show Americans are "increasingly concerned that ISIS represents a direct terror threat," Lee suggested news organizations are partly responsible: "The media has really focused on a lot of the very terrible things that are going on."

"I think it is important... that we not allow fear to settle in."

Posted by
Filed under: Reliable Sources
  1. usa dumps shop

263619 64658I truly appreciated this gorgeous blog. Make positive you maintain up the good function. Greatest Regards . 448618

June 28, 2021 at 5:58 am | Reply
  2. Fake breitling bentley

119061 243859magnificent post, quite informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector do not notice this. You should continue your writing. Im sure, youve a great readers base already! 803310

June 25, 2021 at 5:46 am | Reply
  3. Felton Dederick

This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

June 6, 2021 at 2:12 am | Reply
  4. bahis giriş adresleri

851647 996635I like this web site quite a lot so much outstanding data. 87353

May 18, 2021 at 11:43 am | Reply
  5. Elmer Mcnamer

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

May 11, 2021 at 4:49 am | Reply
  6. cbd for anxiety

184366 52016The entire glance of your site is great, let neatly as the content material! 570367

April 3, 2021 at 7:32 am | Reply
  7. PPO

992155 731348Basically received my 1st cavity. Rather devastating. I would like a super smile. Searching a lot far more choices. Several thanks for the article 460646

March 27, 2021 at 7:30 pm | Reply
  8. Ezequiel Ruhoff

March 4, 2021 at 9:55 am | Reply
  9. Lavenia Parkey

I like what you guys are up too. Such smart work and reporting! Keep up the excellent works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it'll improve the value of my web site :).

January 28, 2021 at 10:46 pm | Reply
  10. Lorenzo Bullerwell

Very interesting details you have mentioned , appreciate it for putting up.

January 12, 2021 at 1:05 am | Reply
  11. Leon Cervantes

The voices? They have never been asked to appear. Try any one of the many figures in the anti-war movement whose writing is often featured on lewrockwell.com. But they won't play the game that the government wants from the media, so that is all I have to say about that.

September 15, 2014 at 4:48 am | Reply