November 2nd, 2014

Glenn Greenwald has a mysterious 'second source' - and maybe more

Edward Snowden isn't the only person with access to government surveillance secrets who's been spilling them to journalists. Glenn Greenwald has an unidentified second source, and he told Brian Stelter about the effort to protect that person.

The mysterious second source is discussed toward the end of a new documentary, "Citizenfour," about Snowden and Greenwald.

How did Snowden react to the news that another person had come forward with information about the government's mass surveillance practices?

"He reacted with a huge amount of shock," Greenwald told Stelter.

"And I think he was also very gratified, because, as you point out, one of the principal motives that he had in coming forward so boldly, identifying himself publicly, instead of hiding, was to motivate other people to shine light on what the government is doing in the dark that never should have been kept secret in the first place."

Might Greenwald and his colleagues at The Intercept have more than two sources at this point?

"All I can say about that," he said, "is that one of the goals that we had very much in the forefront of our mind when we created The Intercept was to enable sources to come forward in a secure and safe way, so that they can do what they have always done, which is bring to the attention of journalists information that is in the public interest."

Filed under: Reliable Sources
  1. Armand Petit

I gotta favorite this web site it seems invaluable handy

March 6, 2021 at 2:14 pm | Reply
  2. china dumps shop

215382 96398Some truly good and utilitarian information on this internet website , besides I believe the layout holds fantastic functions. 608216

March 4, 2021 at 2:36 pm | Reply
  3. Hassie Savageau

March 4, 2021 at 10:17 am | Reply
  4. sexton dental clinic lawsuit

35412 843377I surely did not comprehend that. Learnt a thing new nowadays! Thanks for that. 690358

February 27, 2021 at 1:09 pm | Reply
  5. cc dumps

385794 337539Ive writers block that comes and goes and I want to locate a strategy to get rid of my writers block. It can occasionally be so bad I can barley make sentences. Any suggestions? 784154

February 26, 2021 at 2:13 pm | Reply
  6. Tow Truck Quincy IL

892532 815863Hello DropshipDragon provides dropping for quality, affordable products direct from China to your customers. Perfect for eBay sellers and site owners alike! 792398

February 14, 2021 at 6:54 pm | Reply
  7. regression testing

709918 104767Sweet internet site, super pattern , real clean and utilize genial . 664702

February 7, 2021 at 11:44 am | Reply
  8. https://www.mycatsupplystation.com

388809 520670Hi my loved 1! I want to say that this post is remarkable, great written and include almost all vital infos. I would like to peer much more posts like this . 456707

February 4, 2021 at 7:14 pm | Reply
  9. Parthenia Drullard

January 28, 2021 at 10:11 pm | Reply
  10. Bennett Handkins

Wait a minute? Why is it only showing my views? :O

January 12, 2021 at 1:45 am | Reply